I wanted to start a thread on the rules for Evolved4Dead!
Originated on Stealth Shampoo’s stream (I don’t know his forum name… ), it’s a mode that is fun, crazy action packed, and super difficult. @Shaners and I tried to play it with Nicky, @AimyBot, @TatlTael and @Ares… we got our asses handed to us.
Here was the original rule set we used:
USE THE FOLLOWING SETTINGS
- MODE: NEST
- MAP: AVIARY
- MAP EFFECT: AGGRESSIVE WILDLIFE
- WILD LIFE POPULATION: HIGH
- ROUND LENGTH: 15:00
- REINFORCEMENT TIME: 2:00 NOTE- respawned hunters can’t come in, but you get 1 hunter back of your choice after destroying 3 eggs)
- STRIKES: 0
- CHARACTER PERKS: OFF
- MASTERY BONUSES: OFF
- ELITE WILDLIFE: ON NOTE: don’t pick up the buff they drop
ONLY USE THE FOLLOW CHARACTERS AND FOLLOW THEIR RESTRICTIONS
MONSTER: METEOR GOLIATH. LIMITATIONS: Don’t directly damage the hunters or wildlife, but lead the hunters through the map through all the angry mammoth birds you can.
ASSAULT - MARKOV OR PARNELL. LIMITIATIONS: Markov cannot use his lightning gun. Markov starts with 1 mine and earns an additional mine for each egg destroyed.
SUPPORT - HANK OR CABOT. LIMITATIONS: Hank starts with one uses of his shild projector and gets another for for every 2 eggs. You can hold it as long as you want, but once you let go, you’re done. (YOUR DONE) Same with Cabot’s damage amp.
TRAPPER - ANY TRAPPER. NO LIMITATIONS.
MEDIC - LAZ. LIMITATIONS: Only 4 uses of the heal burst that can be used at any time. He can revive 1 person after the third minion is killed, or you can get them back from the dropship.
Monster hatches the first egg when Hunters are on the ground, then leads them from egg to egg (Hunters have to fight off wildlife along the way). Hunters win if they destroy all 6 eggs (preferably with everyone alive). If a person dies and respawns from the dropship but isn’t able to rejoin the group, just have them stand around and do nothing
As we played, we adjusted the rules.
It was way too hard, so we made some tweaks.
- We increased strikes to 2.
- We upped heal bursts to 6. (Edit: originally typed 8, but @Ares was right. It equal to the number of eggs, can be used at any time.)
- Limited orbital barrage to once an egg.
- Add Lennox as an assault.
- Removed Abe as trapper selection (stasis grenade OP!)
We had a blast. I’d love to see more people play it, and give feedback on the rules! If you have suggestions, ideas, changes… post 'em here! I wanna know!
If you want to see a play it, you can check out the Twitch highlight here.