Evolve.....The Little things

Evolve is a great game, I can say I’ve enjoyed this game since launch and I Keep coming back to it when I put it down.
Be it the adrenaline inducing fights as monster, or the Shear awe I’m left in after a long exciting battle with a good monster and team.
It’s the little details in the game I keep finding that also bring me back.
Lore, Cupcakes, heck even the wildlife interactions with each other.
What small little details have you found which you may have overlooked?
TL;DR
Easter eggs and small details are awesome, care to share your findings? IE Dropship cupcake. Convos Etc.

6 Likes
I love how the community is woven together

I love when I actually manage to lose Hunters that are on my tail. I love sitting in a bush or being directly below or above them as they run past. I find myself not making any noise in my basement, lest it somehow give away my location.

The white-knuckle games as a monster that leave me shaking are the type that keep me coming back again and again.

7 Likes
  • I loved it when I saw a Canyon Strider limping for the first time when it had low health.
  • Spotters and the ability to use them to track the monster.
  • Obsidian Grubs wanting to hide in their shell.
  • Tyrant attacks will have them roll in the water similar to a crocodile attack when trying to drown it’s victim.
  • When a dome is up and birds fall from the sky for some reason.
  • Canyon Eels only do damage if you are touching them. They are a physical entity.
  • The dialogue between Caira and Cabot on Nest that indicates that the eggs are transmitting some sort of ‘astral frequency’.
4 Likes

I love seeing a group of reavers chasing a mammoth bird and watch as they all get zapped and die at once!

YES! I’ve instinctively hushed other people that are watching me play when hiding like that.

3 Likes

I love seeing Mammoth Birds kill anything. :heartpulse:

3 Likes

I like the numerous animations the game has.
I believe Stage 1 monsters have special animations. Goliath stumbles sometimes.
He also holds his arm close to his waist in pain regardless of what stage, if his Healthbar is low.
Also the hunters really take impact and splat then slide down walls.

2 Likes

I was just in a game playing as Goliath on Broken Hill Mine and I walked past a Tyrant and noticed it had something in it’s mouth. When I took a closer look I saw it was just sat there munching on a Canyon Strider. I have never seen or at least never payed attention to this before and it made me chuckle.
I love moments like this.

4 Likes

The little things :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, the first time I used Cabot’s Railgun on a monster near a wall. That blood splatter from that headshot was HUGE :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Watching Tyrants death roll wildlife is great. Forgetting to record it makes me sad. :frowning:

5 Likes

I found a Cupcake on Dam.

If you’ve ever seen a pack of trap jaws attack a crowbill sloth it was pretty crazy. It’s like a pack of lions trying to bring down an elephant, the first time I saw that I was baffled. The way the wildlife interacts is amazing.

2 Likes

Who came out on top?

The way this forum reacts to…

LAZ IS OP!

WHO IS SEXIER?

“SOMETHING” NEEDS A NERF/BUFF

is just amazing…

Oh the crowbill. Trap jaws are just durable, I could be remembering wrong but I SWEAR Ive seen a crowbill pickup a trap jaw while they were attacking him, I think they have their own wildlife animations sometimes, like the Tyrant doing a death roll with it’s prey in water. I could be remembering wrong, but I distinc remember a trap jaw leaping on a crow bills arm, and thinking it was the coolest thing to animate into the wildlife.

2 Likes

I love how Crowbill’s will be super aggressive until their health gets down a certain point and then they try to bail.

3 Likes

Or how if your are flying and shooting them as kraken they basically tuck their tail between their legs and flee like they’ve just realized what a real monster is. XD

1 Like

Nomads are awesome. Watching them unfurl their giant legs, slowly stare at you until you rustle their jimmies, and then they burst into motion and kill you. Then they just slowly fold up again. They’re fascinating creatures.

5 Likes

Biological AT ATs

6 Likes

I’ll never look at them the same way again.

Too bad Crow can’t use Gobi to trip them up.

4 Likes

What does this mean?