Evolve statues perhaps even new monsters (Sample Gorgon 3d file is available)

11 Likes

Oh you’re studying game art?
Is there a specific field you’re looking into like modeling, texture art, animations, etc.? Or is what you’re doing now more of a general view of game design?

1 Like

I made a separate post asking how to make Gmod player models. Found some sources on how to do it, but asking to see if there is a better way.
Trying to make Gmod Evolve player models

1 Like

Do you know how to make a gmod player model or any good sources on how to do so. Someone suggested that I should change these models into a playable model on gmod.

1 Like

No I haven’t done any of that before. I’m only just now looking into what I would need to do to make custom L4D2 mods.

4 Likes

Alright, thanks for the response. Let me know if you do. I will check my online sources. I think that it would be cool to have the evolve monsters take part in Gmod. Starting with Goliath. It would be a great reminder of Evolve.

1 Like

10 Likes

I love the detail of the Claws and Blades

5 Likes

I need to 3D print Meteor Goliath when it’s done.

1 Like

This year since its my first year is a general overview. I basically have a set of tasks that involve everything. concepting, modelling, texturing and animating different things to build up a portfolio. In the second year I apparently get to venture off and create more of what I enjoy the most of.

We are also currently designing a VR game on top of my work which is harder for me since the guys I am with have worked with these programmes for a couple years and I have just stepped in to it but slowly starting to enjoy and get familiar with some things although it feels like a massive uphill battle.

1 Like

Will you be animating the characters as well? :DD

2 Likes

What? You work for TRS? On the VR stuff? That’s awesome!

1 Like

Haha no. ᴵ ʷᶦˢʰ

This is just my university course!

3 Likes

You using UE4 for the VR project?

1 Like

No clue what this is so I am guessing no?

1 Like

Unreal Engine 4, basically wondering what engine you’re using. Is it Unity then?

1 Like

Thought is was the engine but wasn’t sure but yeah we are using Unity. I know its not as superior but because the course is art orientated presumably that’s why they went with a free option on the game engine.

1 Like

It’s probably because Unity is more friendly for beginners. UE4 is free to use too and I think you only need to pay a royalty fee if you sell a game using the engine and make a certain amount of money each quarter. If you make a game with it and make it free then you owe nothing.

We’ve been using UE4 for our VR projects here at TRS.

1 Like

@skills4u2envy I’m using UE4 :smiley:

@GrizzleMarine It’s actually a great Engine, you can do EVERYTHING you want to do in there…the assets are just there for you for easier purposes

1 Like

What are you currently doing in UE4 if I may ask?

1 Like