Evolve Stage 2 - Monster Balance Opinion Poll!

pc

So, evolve stage 2 is only at it’s second release day, but I already (personally) feel as if there are certain monsters that are either too strong or too weak. But instead of starting a rant about them, I’d think it’s better to see what everyone in general thinks of the current power of the monsters in the game.
So I’ve made this poll list for every single monster.
Try Judging this in relation to how difficult it is for the hunters to fight and defeat the monster over the course of the entire game. Think of things such as: overall damage, ease of dealing damage, ability to avoid hunters when not in combat, etc, etc.

Please be honest when voting and:

• Commenting your opinions is highly appreciated!
  • Changing your vote is absolutely allowed, and I’d encourage you to do so if you find that your view on a monster has changed
  • Don’t just vote OP out of spite, be 100% honest

A new balance patch has come out that tweaks some monsters

GOLIATH

• Too Strong
  • Very Strong
  • Strong
  • Balanced
  • Weak
  • Very Weak
  • Too Weak

0 voters

METEOR GOLIATH

• Too Strong
  • Very Strong
  • Strong
  • Balanced
  • Weak
  • Very Weak
  • Too Weak

0 voters

KRAKEN

• Too Strong
  • Very Strong
  • Strong
  • Balanced
  • Weak
  • Very Weak
  • Too Weak

0 voters

ELDER KRAKEN

• Too Strong
  • Very Strong
  • Strong
  • Balanced
  • Weak
  • Very Weak
  • Too Weak

0 voters

WRAITH

• Too Strong
  • Very Strong
  • Strong
  • Balanced
  • Weak
  • Very Weak
  • Too Weak

0 voters

BEHEMOTH

• Too Strong
  • Very Strong
  • Strong
  • Balanced
  • Weak
  • Very Weak
  • Too Weak

0 voters

GORGON

• Too Strong
  • Very Strong
  • Strong
  • Balanced
  • Weak
  • Very Weak
  • Too Weak

0 voters

I’ll be posting my personal opinions later, but first I’d love to see what you guys think.

Happy Hunting!

Personal Opinion (Will be updated as I play more):

Goliath: Feels definitely like the most balanced monster in the game so far, his role is literally taking down hunters 1 by 1 and because of this it has clear strong & weak matchups.

Meteor Goliath: Although quite balanced sometimes the power spike starting from stage 2 can feel very overwhelming, but this generally depends on the skill of the monster, and the area that you fight him in. It shoud be said though, that meteor goliath is arguably better than Goliath in many ways, even if he has less burst potential his DoT, huge AoE’s and overal higher armor rating makes him a stronger monster.

Kraken: So far, I’ve lost 2 games as Kraken and won around 20 with him, I think the biggest issue with him is the ability to camp bodies from a long distance, making it very hard for hunters to revive eachother. Also, the ranged basic attack at stage 1 feels somewhat too powerful. Kraken has a lot of cheese in his kit and hunters that lack good ranged abilities feel useless against him.

Elder Kraken: I’ve played against a few elder krakens, their AoE feels somewhat overwhelming and their ability to burst with ranged projectiles is quite fearsome, but if caught and damaged early it can some times be a fair matchup. the differenc with kraken is that Elder kraken needs to eventually close the gap for a good kill, which gives hunters a fair chance of dealing damage.

Wraith: I think the biggest problem with wraith are her insane ability to stay out of dome range and her decoy.
The first being the fact that one of her moves is an excellent traversal moves and with the right perks she can be extremely fast as well. the latter one lies with the reworked version of the decoy, which allows her to spread damage at a toxic rate. the decoy already is a big nuisance for whomever it goes to but the damage that comes out of it is so high, that it can never be ignored. the new updates nerfed some cooldowns but I still think the decoy iss the most prominent issue, and if that would get tweaked to be a bit less about spread damage, I think the wraith would be extremely balanced.

Behemoth: It’s hard to tell how good behemoth is, since not a lot of players have access to it. All I can say is that due to it being extremely large, it is also very easy to hit. But good behemoth players know how to properly use their skills and lava burst is a very scary attack. to be fair it feels very slightly underwhelming, but it’s to be expected with a monster going through a tweak-fest.

Gorgon: I hear a lot of people complain about gorgon being too powerful, but I feel as if this is new players not fully understanding the monster yet, the acid spit can simply be avoided by jumping and hovering a bit in the air, the mimic can easily be destroyed by 1 or 2 hunters while the other 2 focus down the literally Idle gorgon, and the spider can be shot before it gets to anyone, this leaves the web snare as the only skill that actually requires you to dodge. Overall I think gorgon is balanced, but players need to learn to play around the skills.
Though it should be said that gorgon with cooldown reduction perks is crazy with the spider spam.

Lets rank all hunters and monsters!
Close this thread please

Bump!
^ is this even allowed?

Bumps? Yea they are but like don’t spam it every 5 minutes but it’s okay to do it like at least a day later

Dropping my two cents in:

Goliath and M. Goliath: They’re pretty much fine.

Gorgon: I hope they add some more damage to her wall pounce like before, because right now pouncing period is useless, even for the Monster based on pouncing.

Nice profile picture.

Why thank you :smiley:

We had such Wraith. FT3 the whole time. Decided to wait for her at relay. Killed within 5 minutes. Good times.

Bump!
____

Wraith needs decoy to change. Lengthening the cooldown on decoy while in combat and simultaneously making a non-domed decoy run straight in the direction indicated (no attacking unless provoked) would make wraith much more fun–decoy would primarily be a deceptive ability rather than an OP combat face-wrecker.

I play as hunter more often than Monster. these are me opinions on whether each Monster is stronger or weaker compared to each other monster.

Goliath - very weak
Meteor Goliath - weak
Kraken - balanced
Elder kraken - Strong
Wraith - very strong
Gorgon - balanced
Behemonth - no comment. havent met him yet.

My opinion is that those i rated lower than balanced should be buffed a little or what, while those rated better than balanced should be toned down.

I play as hunters more than monster. This my opinion coming from hunter perspective. Honestly quite sick of seeing wraiths and their ability to chain and tumble. And i noticed i’m getting alot of 3rd person bugs while saving a downed team mate and the wraith comes in to interrupt. since then i refrained from saving down team mates if the battle was against a wraith.

I play as Monster. I have not played since the release, because the optimization of the game was bad for me. Now there are no delays and no need to wait for two seconds in combat. My thank to developers for optimization!

But now, in Stage 2, I only played with bots. Perhaps with people is feels different. With bots:

Goliath - balanced
Meteor Goliath - very weak
Kraken - balanced
Elder Kraken - balanced
Wraith - I do not know
Gorgon - very weak
Behemonth - balanced

I like Behemonth and Elder Kraken. I think I need more practice with bots. And I have not played for hunters yet, do not know their abilities.

No offense bud but this is useful for learning the timing of the Monster abilities and the maps. Bots have no perks, and the AI is questionable.

There is not too much to be learned about the dmg output etc with bots. You need to play players as quick as possible.

[quote=“SilentKnigh7, post:12, topic:89299”]
Bots have no perks
[/quote]I did not know that.

[quote=“SilentKnigh7, post:12, topic:89299”]
You need to play players as quick as possible.
[/quote]Yes, you are right. I should start playing with players, but I think my skills are not enough, if even hunters bots often win. I always plan everything and forming strategy of my actions, otherwise I do not feel solid ground under feets. However I will always feel that I am not ready for players if not start, it is also a fact.

My English is weak, I never used it in real life. But I write all this and read, without translator. I use it only for correct mistakes in words. I can speak and read in English, but not write without mistakes. All players consolidated on certain servers or they are is a separated by countries?

I think we are all on the same server, though I’m not sure.
Give online play a try, you won’t regret it and with luck you will end up finding a hunter team who you work well with.
Today I found a few people who did really well and by sheer chance we got in the same lobby again and from there we became hunting buddies, it’s how hunters are supposed to play: together :slight_smile:

Overalll I feel the Monsters are too strong, except for Goliath, Meteor Goliath, and Behemoth. I have yet to see people catch the others before stage 2 or even stage 3 which always results in a hunter loss. The game appears to be designed that the hunters need to be able to deal damage to monster in stage 1 and 2 to have a chance in stage 3. So when you have monsters that can fly and have high mobility coupled with its armor regen, It’s difficult to even to get into the red.

Bump (until every poll gets 100 votes at the least i’ll keep bumping)

Wraith is strong, but not op in my opinion. I tend to lose most battles while playing her, though it could be because im not a very skilled wraith player yet. However, i’ve seen people working very well against wraith and beating her more than once. It’s a matter of knowing her weaknesses as well as what she’s capable of, and using that knowledge to take her down while avoiding damage as much as possible. What really makes a wraith powerful is the player behind it, so if they know what they’re doing and are good at it, then that’s when she can seem op to some simply because she’s played to her fullest. I’ve played against wraith whose player kept ambushing us and dealing damage while continually escaping our grip before we could do much to her - which, i believe, is what wraith is built for and her great traversal is crucial to such gameplay style, in which case i see nothing bad with it. That’s pretty cool in my opinion and i haven’t seen many other people play wraith nearly as good, since we quickly lost that match. Only very few other matches appeared as challenging before and after said round with wraith. As a matter of fact, wraith can be beaten easily if trapped in open spaces and kicked in the butt without a place to hide, especially before stage 2. It’s not that hard to track her if you can predict her route and plan a bit ahead.

Personally, i enjoy wraith as she is, whether playing as or against her, and i don’t think she is op, but simply a bigger challenge than other monsters.

I’m going to keep it as short as possible. As a note, I think of myself as a kinda good/average player, so I still fail sometimes.

Goliath - perfectly balanced in my opinion.

Meteor Goliath - He simply is stronger than Goliath, which I find weird.

Kraken - Too strong in my opinion, a powerhouse with enough control to keep any hunter down. Even able to win trades at Stage1 with equally matched Hunters.

Elder Kraken - He’s more of a close quarter combat type with massive amounts of AOE damage, still Very Strong, but has less control over the battle than Kraken.

Wraith - I have never been able to engage a Stage 1 Wraith unless it was a bot or new player. I don’t know about other Hunter players, but after a bunch of wipes vs Stage 2 and Stage 3 Wraiths I just feel like quitting whenever a Player picks her.

Behemoth - I have yet to see a good Behemoth player, the ones I have seen didn’t get very far. Assaults were just able to follow them while shooting.

Gorgon - She’s Strong, very fast, usually gets to Stage2 with only a single trade, but I don’t know, I might have only seen average players so far. She is quite easy to dodge.

Well I don’t have access to the game to see for myself but it seems we are back to Stage 1 (lol) with this new Evolve with Wraith being an absolute drag to play against.

Honestly some of the imbalance has to do with certain hunter pairings. A good Jack player makes two of goliaths attacks pretty much a waste. And with a Sgt Hank by his side you’ll never be able to deal any health damage quick enough to get downs while only having two abilities to fully rely on (rock throw and fire breath) goliath can’t be as relentless and punishing if he keeps getting pushed into the corner. And while I would say kraken is somewhat balanced dealing far less damage if grounded with melee attacks. Using perks that slow (and especially those new grounder melee perks) makes the fight a complete struggle for hunters since kraken can apply those perks over a distance with each airborne melee attack.