Evolve Stage 2 CTD On startup

I’ve been busy with work and school and haven’t had time to mess with anything involving games. But Evolve Stage 2 is the only game I’m having issues with. My buddy logged into my computer to see if It was an account issue but on his account it crashed instantly as well.

I’ve also done that, rolled back the graphics driver, then uninstalled the drivers and used a different one and I was still getting the same issue.

1 Like

Oh sorry but a lot of people just leave after a few minutes after they ask a question.

1 Like

Have you checked if your Vram is tweaked? Maybe it’s due to the Vram, try to follow this method, maybe it’ll work for you (personally, I haven’t noticed any difference when I tested).

If you’re able to launch the game for at least the menu, try to lower the graphics settings to the lowest possible (if it hasn’t been done).

Also try this stuff

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1216-JMTZ-0860

Try to open the game in different resolutions and -autoconfigs and stuff like that.Maybe one of them will work.

Make the geforce experience default so it won’t overlap, and use the steam commands instead

That doesn’t work with Stage 2, only with Legacy. It writes things into the settings that break Stage 2. Please look through the self help topic for the relevant section so you can go about undoing it. I think you need to run a batchfile to delete your local user data.

Edit: Sorry, I was at the gym earlier and spoke in haste. I leaped to the conclusion that you had used GeForce Experience to “Optimize my game” (don’t do that), but on reflection I realize you never said that.

If you were trying to influence the game by changing driver settings, I think your chances would be best leaving them all at defaults.

If you did delete user data, there would be no harm done. You haven’t been able to run the game yet, so you have nothing to lose there.

Edit 2: Given that you previously played the game on a different gfx card, actually I would recommend going ahead with deleting all user data for Evolve. Worth a try.

Edit 3: this

1 Like

Can you paste that text and whatever else is nearby it?

1 Like

ArPharazon 2 things one is I had my friend do that when he was messing with it the other day. I was using a different graphics card but deleted everything so it was completely fresh had my friend help me delete everything and retried, When i first launched it after setting it up the first time I left it at default but it gave me the full screen error thing so i tried to adjust using geforce because un doing fullscreen.

1. I wasnt able to locate the error it was giving me last time however i tried multiple troubleshooting fixes and it still CTD with no warning or error codes. I should have taken a screenshot when I found it the first time.

To WiBaKi I have adjust the resolution of fullscreen and borderless windows. I tried doing it with steam as default it gave me the same error stuff

My Vram isnt tweaked. I double checked it just now. I don’t even get into the menu, it crashes on the evolve claw logo, furthest I’ve gotten was the partnerships or w/e screen right after that and it crashes, i’ve tried to adjust the graphics using geforce and made them all the lowest they could be and it still CTD no warning or errors.

Maybe your computer isn’t up to date if it’s a Windows. Is your computer up to date?
You have a friend, does he have the game? If yes, is it working for him? Try to ask him if you could have a copy of his game’s documents. If it doesn’t work…then I don’t know what to do to help you.

Yeah my computers up to date, i can definitely try to get those documents from him. He gave me one of his documents because that was the only thing different between our games and tried running it from there, im finding out what document that was rn

I ended up putting in a support ticket with 2k. However they could be slow so i’d like to still resolve this issue. So i’ll still be commenting on this thread. If the issue gets fixed I will post on this thread how it was fixed.

I don’t think 2K-iller Games would do anything to help the community. They have bots who automatically mail the players, and be sure that their mails are pre-made texts.

This is what you should have done anyway, but 2K Games doesn’t care at all for the game.

The timing of the crash suggests this is a possibility:

Rip because I really like evolve as well.

1 Like

I don’t have any of those programs installed. In fact the only thing i have installed on my SSD is windows 10 and everything else is on my hard drive and the hard drive is brand new. And the first thing I did with it was install evolve to see if it would work

I also don’t have a sound card

I believe that will make Evolve crash. At least, it used to, and I can’t remember if we ever fixed it. Unless you never had a sound card, and it used to work? (If so then we must have fixed it, lol.)

The only thing different with the “Rig” i have now is the change in graphics card. I went from the geforce 750 to the 1050ti and it worked before, it was also when stage 2 was basically first released I haven’t played it in a hot minute.

I do as well, 2K Games gave me a sour taste in the mouth when they said that they ended Evolve’s development. They also pretend that the game is “complete”, I would say that the game is uncomplete, is still in Beta and still has bugs and unbalances to fix. 2K shut down the game’s development because…money. Money goes over everything at 2K, just like tons of big companies. But money doesn’t make hapyness.
I just want to know when it will go into bankruptcy, so I can laugh at their nose for all the DLC bullshit they did…or would I say, “DLC shitstorm” like @MacMan would say.