Evolve on Unreal Engine 4

I wish Turtle Rock used Unreal Engine 4 to make this game. The graphics would’ve been far superior and they would’ve been able to release a map editor.

A map editor- and basically modding support in general- would’ve been amazing for this game. :stuck_out_tongue: As for the graphics- Evolve already has extremely good graphics, does it not? :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Evolve started development in like 2011. I don’t think Unreal Engine 4 was even ready back then.

1 Like

Whether Unreal vs Cryengine would of been a better option for Evolve, is up for debate. Cryengine (which evolve runs on) is one of the; if not, the best looking engine out right now. Cryengine is extremely modifiable and has a history of being one of the best looking engines. Whether you didnt like the art direction TRS went with, is pure opinion.

Not to mention most Crysis games came with a Cryengine SDK to tinker with, Crysis is easily one of the most community modified games in existence.

3 Likes

No, the Art Direction TRS had was brilliant. It would’ve been nice if they used UE4 so they could release mapping tools.

As i’ve said. Cryengine has full mod tools and support. Whether TRS releases a Mod SDK is up to them

Heres the link to the Cryengine mod site you keep yearning for:

http://www.cryengine.com/community/

I believe your completely free to make your own assets and tweaks to CE3

Evolve on Unreal Engine? M-M-M-MONSTER KILL!

Come on, I can’t be the first one to think of that.

closed #8

This topic was automatically closed 22 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.