Evolve not installed?

Okay this is a first… I just went into steam to boot up evolve and its not listed as an installed game even though I never uninstalled it or deleted its files.

The game files are still in the steam folder but when I try to start it up it begins trying to install the game?

@MacMan @SlabOMeat

Any help?

No idea. @MrStrategio, any thoughts?

Paging @THISaint any thoughts?

Edit - Nevermind, MacMan beat me.

Thanks for the quick responses, I’d rather see if its something I can fix before I uninstall everything and have to wait half the day for it to download again.

Hey,

You might be misleading Evolve Closed Beta with Evolve released. If that’s not the case, some folks have reported that Steam might have changed their directory name, make sure everything is correct there.

Pretty sure I deleted the evolve beta folder, it doesnt look like anything has changed, all my other games are still on the list that are in the folder, except for evolve. Currently its attempting to discover existing files after trying to install it. I cant repair the game because it thinks its not installed either.

How do I check if steam changed the directory name?

Steam installs to the following folder by default:

C:\Program Files\Steam

Files for games installed on Steam are stored in the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\

During the installation of Steam, you have the option to install Steam to a location other than the default. The game files must be in the SteamApps folder in order to function.

Yeah its in there, almost at the end of this “installation” I’ll update what happens when its done.

Alrighty then all I had to do was let the game find itself… lol

Thanks for the quick responses anyway guys, @macman your like a genie with the quickness.

Cool! I’m going to close this thread.

Thanks @THISaint!