Evolve Is One Of GI's Top 50 Games Of 2015

Don’t have an online account, but I am subscribed to Game Informer’s magazine. I just got my copy today with the Top 50 Games of 2015 section, and boom - there’s Evolve!

“Evolve received a lot of flak for its perceived lack of content, but that didn’t prevent it from being a unique and entertaining multiplayer experience. An array of creative weapons and gadgets gave co-op fans a fighting chance against their hulking competitor in Evolve’s epic, boss-fight-inspired showdowns. Our love affair with Evolve may have been short, but it was definitely sweet.”

Congrats TRS!

Gameinformer still loves Evolve
Gameinformer still loves Evolve

Which position in the top 50 did it get?

I don’t think they rank them 1-50, they just either make the list or don’t. There are special accolades, like “best exclusive”, “best shooter”, or “game of the year”, but no definitive rankings aside from #1 (The Witcher).

I dont really see a lack of content to be honest, It would take a long time to max out all hunters and monsters, the only thing wrong I guess is C.O.D drip feeds you rewards that you can use in game, like a badge or new gun skin or something, if its this content your missing I can see that, There are badges to unlock but unfortunetly you cant unlock them like in other games, in the sense that the badges are there but you dont get to see what it is you need to do to unlock these, which would be awesome

It was an interesting article. I appreciate that they can stand back and think, maybe they didn’t handle the experience correctly. I can still have fun playing alone because I love being the monster - but if they both love hunter and never really played with friends, it would hurt their experience. It’s cool that they recognized that.

It’s an interesting article and they brought up some good points, Evolve is at its best when you have a large group of friends to play with and it’s hit or miss if you’re alone. I’m not really sure you can really review Evolve without spending more time playing it than most people will, it’s not a game that’s easy to pick up and play and each class and character has its own play style.

I totally agree with the sentiment that at $60 it was light on content. Had the game launched with the promise of the Adaptations, marketed as essentially doubling the roster for free, people would have lost their minds (in a good way!)

That being said, I think it was def, worth the $60 I spent, in fact this guy at work was talking about getting a PS4 and wanted to know if I knew any games worth playing. Showed him one of my Youtube vids and he was on board, especially when I told him the price!

Yeah im definitely one of the people that gave this game a lot of “flak” and not just for lack of content. But I also give it props where props are due and TRS really did create something extremely unique, innovative, and amazing.

I just watched zero punctuation, Evolve escaped being in the worst 5 of the year! That’s good news too!

God damn it I didn’t know someone else made a thread on this. XP Anywho, I’m really happy this was in here. Just shows that people hate on the game so mindlessly and never think about the things that are truly important.

It’s deserved. There are plenty of flaws, but it’s still incredibly unique and enthralling in a sea of cookie cutter me too online MP offerings.

So I got my GameInformer in the mail and I skim through it. I get to the section “The top 50 games of 2015.” And there, Evolve! Just thought I’d show you people.

Someone beat you to it I’m afraid. :wink:

You can continue your discussion in that thread.

Seeing that picture just makes me happy. :slight_smile: Just… really really happy.

Got my most recent issue of Gameinformer and noticed Evolve in the ToC. They have placed Evolve in their ‘Top 50 Games of 2015’ at rank 49. Here is what they said.

“Evolve received a lot of flak for its perceived lack of content, but that didn’t prevent it from being a unique and entertaining multiplayer experience. An array of creative weapons and gadgets gave co-op fans a fighting chance against their hulking competitor in Evolve’s epic, boss-fight-inspired showdowns. Our love affair with Evolve may have been short, but it was definitely sweet.”

I didn’t think they were ranked, I thought they were just tossed in there however? Is the order they’re placed the reverse rank?

This is great to hear! Thank you so much for sharing. :slight_smile: