Evolve frame rate dips

Hey TRS forums. Thanks to SledgePainter I’ve decided to return to Shear and take Goliath and Behemoth for a spin. For the most part, it’s been as fun as it ever was, the nostalgia was real. However, I’ve been getting some pretty nasty FPS drops - sort of expected it on Distillery what with all the snow, but it happened on Wraith Trap too. Any suggestions? I can post my specs if it’s helpful.

2 Likes

Are your graphics settings set to medium? Maybe it’s because you set them to high or very high, everytime I set them to high/very high, my game freeze.

1 Like

Usually I run it on high but my computer should be able to handle that. Maybe not. I’ll try setting it to medium if I play later.

1 Like

Sounds like Legacy…
The only frame hits I get are on one of my fav arcade maps. Cataclysm

Nope. Stage 2.

1 Like

System specs, also settings would help

1 Like

Ok, ready for some fun…

#1 you are using an AMD Radeon GPU
#2 There is some sort of Overlay used to load games, Raptr is an example of this.

disable overlay.

These were originally my circumstances but I have actually ran into this many times with Stage 2.(and same problems as you)

If this is the case make sure you don’t let extra things load that hit your games (raptr likes to adjust grfx settings for performance)

so maybe it helps you too.

1 Like

I have uninstalled Raptr, but I am using AMD Radeon. I could not reinstall Raptr on subsequent attempts and am using an alternate AMD created mean of updating my drivers. I would check rn, but I also currently unable to do so due to a power shortage in my area.

May I suggest this, disable the radeon software and run your games off of native drivers.

Below is the video where i show a frame rate drop glitch i had to send the trs.

oh shi… i just remembered… sometimes in the settings, the v-sync would turn on by itself. Turn that OFF!

Just ask 2K to fix it, I’m sure they’ll listen.

Oh, I know. What if we flood them with all the videos of bug reports? From the oldest to the newest. That could annoy them * machiavelic laugh *

1 Like

Just ask a brick wall to fix it, I’m sure it’ll listen

FTFY

1 Like

Your trick worked. I adjusted my graphics a bit lower and set my V-sync off. Runs like a gem now. Thanks a ton!

2 Likes

Glad I could help ^.^

Fullscreen or borderless?

Garratose, my problem was fixed 3 days ago.

5 Likes

Why did you send this to me twice? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Because he blind-like me as well for no reason and I don’t want to be liked by him at all. But that doesn’t seem to matter because he’s stupidly obsessed with the like button.
I say something sad? He likes me!
I say something that shares my anger? He likes me!
I say something serious? He likes me!
I say something a bit limit? HE LIKES ME!

And that’s the same for everyone, he’s like a bot spamming likes on everyone’s posts no matter the reason.
And you’ll see that he’s gonna like my post that I’m currently writting FOR NO FUCKING REASON.

Edit: Garratose, remove that fucking like you put on me! It’s not a fucking competition nor a game, in all seriousness!

1 Like

Dova calm down please. I’m sure they like posts cause they can either relate, or find it funny, etc. There is no reason to get upset over this.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure garratose just likes everything because getting a like is nice and I like to know that my post is liked.

1 Like