Evolve Characters VS Pop-Quiz[Sorta]

I want to update my Evolve guide on steam /sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=791372628
And I thought this would be a fun way to think of it by sharing with the community.

What i want to do is label each character’s counters and weaknesses against whichever monster----Just as Overwatch’s characters has weaknesses and counter. Many of which are subjective and up for discussion.

For example:
Renegade Abe counters Kraken / Kelder well but is weaker against Behemoths due to either Bob’s large health pool.
What about Gabe against a Wraith, does Gabe counter or is weak against it? Is wraith easy to target as Gabe?

Another example:
Lazarus is weak against Meteor Goliath for its DoT and that its cloak is being countered.

Secondly, to list which character combos / work well with another character

Example:
Battle Cabot + Lazarus for additional cloaking

There goes a long list below, you don’t have to name all of them, just however much you can think of.

you can use < > + - X = symbol for counter/weakness whichever.

Monsters:
Goliath | Meteor Goliath | Kraken | Elder Kraken | Wraith | Gorgon | Glacial Behemoth | Behemoth

Assault - Markov
Assault - Blitz Markov
Assault - Hyde
Assault - Renegade Abe
Assault - Parnell
Assault - Torvald
Assault - Lennox

Trapper - Maggie
Trapper - Wasteland Maggie
Trapper - Griffin
Trapper - Electro Griffin
Trapper - Abe
Trapper - Crow
Trapper - Jack

Support - Hank
Support - Bucket
Support - Cabot
Support - Battle Cabot
Support - Sunny
Support - Kala
Support - Tech Sergeant Hank

Medic - Val
Medic - Rogue Val
Medic - Lazarus
Medic - Caira
Medic - Paladin Parnell
Medic - Quantum Caira
Medic - Slim
Medic - Emet

[spoiler]Unrelated:
Seeing how characters can counter or not is a large fundamental and we can’t switch mid-game, so just for the fun of the question, what if a “best out of 3” method.

1st round - as usual and random, both teams cannot see the opposite team
2nd round - the loser team, either monster or humans, get to see the winner’s team setup characters. Winner can’t look.
3rd round is only possible if there is a 1:1 win. So 2nd round loser’s turn to peek at opposing team set up now.[/spoiler]

1 Like

Emet > Goliath | Meteor Goliath | Kraken | Elder Kraken | Wraith | Gorgon | Glacial Behemoth | Behemoth

"I’M THE GODDAMN APOCALYPSE! I’LL TAKE ALL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ON AND SHIT ON YOUR CORPSES WHEN I’M DONE!"

3 Likes

Emet doesn’t counter many monsters but also doesn’t get countered. Exceptions being Bob (counters) and wraith (countered by)