Evolve Anonymous 2 (Vent Here!)

Sure is fun playing with 250 ping as monster and you know what’s even better playing against wasteland Maggie she is such a good girl let’s not forget about that harpoon of hers.

(Sigh) How am I spoused to hit teleporting hunters and even when they’re not teleporting they fly up in the air cuz they know that’s wraiths weakness.

Hoping next patch will make wraith better than she is now.

Watch out high concentration of salt in my post.

FFS I’M SO TIRED OF THIS FUCKING KRAKEN BS. FUCKING BANSHEES ARE THE MOST FUCKING STUPID ABILITIE IN THIS GAME AND THEY’RE SO FUCKING FRUSTRAITING TO PLAY AGAINST. YOU CANNOT DODGE THEM, YOU CANNOT DESTROY THEM (AND PLS DON’T TELL ME “JUST PUT SOMEONE ON BANSHEE DUTY” BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW THAT’S NOT FUCKING WORKING LIKE THAT. THEY HAVE NO CAST ANIMATION, THEY ISTA-POP ON YOUR FACE AND TAKE LIKE 1/3 OF YOUR HEALTH. ADD SOME FUCKING SNOWBALLS AND 3POINT BANSHEE AND YOURE FUCKING DED IF YOU DIDN’T GET HEALED AR SHIELDED.
BANSHEE DESCRIPTION IN A NUTSHELL: FIRE LIGHT-SPEED UNDESTRUCTABLE AUTO-AIM-SEEK-AND-DESTROY MISSILE THAT CANNOT BE DODGED TUMBLE YOU AND LEAVES YOU DEFENCELESS TO ALL OTHER SHIT THAT THIS FUCKING BASTARD THROWS AT YOU FROM HIS “I DON’T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT DEPLOYABLES” ZONE 40 METERS ABOVE FUCKING GROUND, AND EVEN WHEN YOU TRAPPER DOES EVERYTHING THAT HE CAN DO BRING THIS FUCKER TO THE GROUND HE CAN JUST FUCKING PRESS SPACEBAR AND GO THERE AGAIN BECAUSE HIS FUCKING TRAVERSAL REGENS 2X FUCKING FASTER THAN EVERY OTHER MONSTRE’S.
HE’S BROKEN TO THE CORE, EASY AF TO PLAY (YES I SAID THAT, THERE IS NOTHING HARD IN FUCKING LOOKING AND HUNTERS AND PRESSING 4>2>1>3 AND SPAMMING LMB WHILE BEING FUCKING PUNISH-PROFF AND GETTING FREE KILLS).
I PLAYED 7 GAMES IN QUICK PLAY TODAY 6 OF THEM WAS KRAKEN AND 1 WAS ELDER KRAKEN AND I’M DONE.

11 Likes

I always hated Nest as monster, so frustrating.

1 Like

Join game-in-progress as Hank. Follow Trapper. So much fucking wildlife (Reavers, then Dune Beetle, then more Reavers) that I lose half my health just climbing a long slope. Have to wait for EMET to play catch up.

I deliberately wait before I continue walking again so that I’ll have at least some jetpack fuel left if whichever Monster we were up against should suddenly appear behind a corner.
Nope - doesn’t matter. It’s just a random Elder Kraken player, but for some reason I can’t climb the wall. Boom. Incapped.

EMET picks me up while Trapper throws the dome. Trapper gets pounced. I try to shield him so that someone else can quickly shoot the Monster off.
Nope - doesn’t matter. For some reason I can’t shield, probably because it looked like Trapper was “outside the dome” during the pounce. Trapper down.

Elder Kraken comes after me again. I decide to save my Cloak because what the hell, I still have all my jetpack fuel left.
Nope - doesn’t matter. Again the character is just like “fuck it” and climbing the wall doesn’t work, despite even having fuel left.

I still don’t even know what exactly happened. It’s one big blur.
This was all during a 10 seconds period. I joined an in-progress match and the following 10 seconds of pure bullshit were enough to make me put down Evolve for the rest of the day.

Fuck this game sometimes.

2 Likes

Bad AI makes it impossible against a good team. Rescue is the opposite though. Lol Never lost a game rescue as a monster ever…

Used to only play Evac for the longest time.

2 Likes

Yeah I used to love Evac man, it can be a fun game mode… but when I came back to the game I just started doing ranked Hunt and kind of stuck with it. Could never get into Arena really.

Patch 8.0 went live on the 26th of January.

A month.
It’s been over a fucking month.

A month, you guys.

A month worth of a Kraken who is so stupidly overpowered and gamebreaking that everyone lost any faith in TRS balancing equally for every skill level.

A month long survival of the bug that prevents you from using your class ability while pounced, something so laughably easy to reproduce and more so easy to cost you the game as the Hunters that it should’ve been hotfixed the day afterwards but nope, here we still are!

Props guys. Really well done. Good job.
God forbid you mention as much as the tiniest bit of negativity towards TRS lest you want all your posts flagged but I’m fucking saying it and I think at this point I have the right to do so.
Your idea of patching fucking sucks.

Any game would’ve had these above issues hotfixed the day afterwards but in Evolve? Ooooh no.
Gotta wait a few months until the next title update and if you’re lucky then maybe, just maybe they’ll have fixed the gamebreaking bug you complained about. Now, I don’t care about Microsoft or Sony having to approve of patches or whatever shit.
I can only speak for my own platform.
I do not feel entitled to any special treatment, but if Steam allows developers to update their game pretty much whenever they damn please and these developers have already found the cause for a major issue, then I fucking expect them to put it live instead of confusing radio silence with “hype” and then letting us get excited for upcoming title updates because we hope they’ll have addressed our many complaints.

I’m done. It’s an Evolve-related rant and that’s why I put it here. Feel free to disagree, but I think it’s proposterous for these kinds of bugs to exist for over a month.
Remember the no-armor bug in Arena a while ago? Yep, that took over a month as well.
I don’t think there’s any excusable reason not to hotfix major bugs on platforms that allow developers to do so.

10 Likes

I feel you. A part of me wants to explode whenever I see Soon™. Like I’d rather have some date to show when we get things instead of coming back here everyday and no dates at all. I just assume we’re going to get patch 9.0 on March 31st, 11:59pm.

I have lots of respect for TRS but man the way they are going about keeping a fan base interested in there game is just bad

1 Like

Stop crying. All of the OP Hunters make Kraken the only logical choice.

If TRS could actually balance monsters then people wouldn’t have to play Kraken all of the time.

7 Likes

Hi. Just bored waiting for hunt 2.0.

And why is everyone playing Laz lately? Not that he’s hard to play against. Just annoying.

2 Likes

So when is the Wraith update supposed to drop?

I just didn’t find it fair that you start at stage 1 and are expected to confront the hunters, save eggs, and mititgate so you don’t die in a single dome.

I hope never. You’ll find my reasoning in the discussion thread.

It’s probably because they are completely changing Laz. He’s gonna be nothing like what he is now after 9.0 drops. Me personally (and many others it seems) don’t like this, so we’re playing Laz more often before they change him forever.

Considering she’s in a useless state atm for anything but pub stomping, you’re in the minority.

I’m so excited for the change. I get to finally play how I want to play against Laz and not how he wants me to. No character should have that much sway.

Also I lost every single damn game of Hunt tonight. Almost won one of them. Got the Kraken down to less than a bar of health and the game freezes and DCs everyone.

Not cool Evolve. Not cool at all.

What really annoys me is that they put up teases for 9.0 before 8.0 was released. Its just as with gorgon. The time span between the first tease and the release is just too big.
Seeing that Elder Kraken was released last week, you could see it as a treat for inbetween, in other words, 9.0 may come in 3 to 4 weeks.

Which annoys me even more, because that means that I can’t get to play during my holidays, and while I am studying I dont have access to a good gaming PC.

2 Likes

Playing as a Wraith or Kraken against Laz; or Hell even Behemoth is just too easy. I just get annoyed with him because it usually means I can’t do my usual hit and run tactics and pretty much have to at least get him down or end up just end up wasting time.

I don’t care that you’re competetive player with over 1.5k hours on record, If you picked Kraken in Quick Play for me you’re nothing.

4 Likes

Oh after 2 months I finally played a few Hunt 2.0 matches with my friends.

AND GUESS WHAT, GUESS WHAT, GUESS WHICH FUCKING BROKEN PIECE OF CRAP I HAD TO FIGHT IN 5/8 MATCHES I PLAYED TODAY. JUST FUCKING GUESS

3 Likes