[Evacuation] Auto-balance and W/L Ratio

Hi everyone,

I guess that in Evacuation mod, each round count as 1 win / loss, for a potential total of 5 wins or loss.

Which leads me to this problem: the auto-balance feature isn’t taken into perspective when looking at the ranking system.
Some people, myself included, care about their W/L ratio (especially as a :monster: Monster :monster: , where you can’t blame your team for a loss).

Let’s say I play Monster in Evacuation and win the first rounds, the auto-balance will make the hunter team stronger, making it more likely for me to loose the next round.
In order to keep my W/L ratio, should I then dodge Evacuation and only play the different game mods separately?

Thanks for your answers and have a great day.

Edition:

You’re right @FrontlinerDelta, I didn’t think about the map effects (I never played Evacuation, PC here).
Does someone actually know the exact benefits the loosing team get?
Like +X% to damage, +Y% to resistance, +Z% to speed, …?

More important: for the people who actually played Evacuation, do the map effects counter the auto-balance feature?
Or does the auto-balance really push the loosing team into victory?

As has been said before, Evacuation is more of a " fun " mode. Hunt is the main mode and is the best in terms of balance, Nest and Rescue are more derivative and are there to vary things up, and Evacuation serves to provide a long-running campaign for you to play through, with the whole thing with the map effects and the autobalance and the storyline going through it. Not necessarily 100% balanced, but that’s fine.

Now I don’t actually know if this is the case, so don’t quote me on this, but I would imagine that your MMR for Evacuation and your MMR for regular old Hunt would be different. We need actual dev confirmation on this, though.

But to answer your question, yeah, if you want to keep things in your W/L even, you’ll want to keep playing the regular modes and stay away from Evac.

Are you worrying about stupid numbers, or do you want yourself a challenge? Try to defeat a powerful enemy, make that W/L ratio actually mean something. Or you’re not an honorable fighter?

Yup, what @SpookedNomad said.

The devs have said it’s basically a “fun” mode for friends who want to do a little campaign together and if you want to play for competitive reasons, stick to hunt. That is THE mode the game is balanced around and for.

Keep in mind if you are winning every round you will have some pretty powerful map effects on your side, such as lots of extra meat or phantoms if you’re the monster.

Thanks all for your answers.

You’re right @FrontlinerDelta, I didn’t think about the map effects (I never played Evacuation, PC here).
Does someone actually know the exact benefits the loosing team get?
Like +X% to damage, +Y% to resistance, +Z% to speed, …?

More important: for the people who actually played Evacuation, do the map effects counter the auto-balance feature?
Or does the auto-balance really push the loosing team into victory?

I like this. Prove your might. Earn that win loss ratio, mother [REDACTED].

You definitely deserve it if you can beat a team with 1.5x damage, and 1.5x resistance on Defend.

I think something like 5% numbers was thrown around. Not sure tho, so I’m just going to call @MacMan on the case.

The map effects are actually accounted for in the Auto-balance system. When you win the round, you gain a bonus, but the other team gets auto-balance bonus. And then if you win, the balance cancels out and you gain the victory bonus for the next day as a substitute for your now removed auto-balance.

Although autobalance is frustrating as a monster sometimes (for me), wouldn’t it be even more frustrating to lose constantly over and over. Even if auto balance denies me a game or two I don’t mind, as they still keep a bonus exp tally and I still feel rewarded with that.