I don’t know about you, but I still feel like Emets beacon is too situational and provides too little advantage: It can only be used for the first 90 seconds after sombody died, the Monster has plenty of time to destroy it, if it gets destroyed, all it did was a tiny distraction.
What I think might fix all 3 things, is if the beacon wouldn’t just call a respawn after 30 seconds, but instead make the dropship timer go faster.
The dropship timer is 120 seconds, so the beacon may make it count down 4 times faster while it is active.
This means planting it directly after somebody died results in the usual 30 seconds.
In addition to that you can plant it 90 seconds after somebody died and get a respawn after 7.5 seconds instead of 30.
This would put immediate pressure on the Monster to destroy it because for every second the beacon stands, it is 4 seconds less until the Hunters drop.
On the other hand, having the beacon survive until the respawn cancels out the drop animation. So you still save time if you manage to keep it standing.
- Instead of a respawn in 30 seconds, the beacon lets the dropship timer count down 4 times as fast.
- If the timer hits 0 while the beacon still stands, the drop animation will still be skipped and all Hunters spawn at the beacon.
- The Monster has immediate pressure to destroy it as fast as possible
- You can plant the beacon at any time during the dropship timer, not just the first 90 seconds
- If it gets destroyed prematurely, the Hunters still gained something: A slightly shorter dropship time
Final note: If the default dropship timer was to be decreased for instance to 90 seconds, the multiplier of course should only be x3.
Everyone, don’t get too stuck on the x4. That is more like the maximum. Choose any value you like between 1 and 4 and reevalute the suggestion with that.