I wanted to create this thread for a place where everyone can discuss what the actual, specific requirements are for the various kinds of mastery requirements, since snippets appear to be all over the place.
If you’re seeking help from the community to identify the requirements for a particular mastery, please include the specific mastery text (as it may be unavailable to me) and any thoughts.
Below will be brief explanations for clarifying confusing requirements.
Since values may change from patch to patch, I’ll substitute the raw numbers with variables, and attempt to retain the important information about the mastery description following the Mastery.
Most recent updates will be at the top of the list.
Post Last Updated: 5/21/15
Caira 3-star Healing Grenade
“Heal multiple teammates X times”
- Shots count even if they don’t heal any damage, as long as they hit multiple allies (including yourself) it will count as progress towards the next mastery.
Hyde 3-star Flamethrower
“Deal X residual burn damage”
- Burn damage progress appears to be affected by more than JUST burning the monster player.
- Monster minions have been confirmed to contribute to progress towards this mastery.
- Wildlife contribution unknown.
Hank’s 3-star Shield & Val’s 3-star Medgun
“Heal/Shield teammates before they are incapacitated”
- This means you must heal or shield 100% of the value of a hunter’s health, cumulatively and per ally. If they become incapacitated before you have healed/shielded that number, the (invisible) counter tracking your progress for that ally will reset. Hank’s shield has a value of 1000, so even with capacity (boosting it to 1500), you will be just shy of getting a mastery point unless you let it recharge slightly.
- Basically: Heal and shield your allies a LOT (healing is counted exclusively for the medgun, not the heal burst). Each ally is tracked separately. So if you’ve been shielding the medic a great deal, and the trapper goes down, you will still have progress towards getting credit for shielding the medic.
Hank’s 3-star Orbital Barrage
“Damage the monster Y times from a distance greater than X meters away”
- This means you must place the barrage X or more meters away from YOURSELF. If the barrage then hits the monster, you will gain 1 point towards completion of the mastery. Your location AFTER the placement of the barrage has no effect on whether the barrage will count. You gain 1 point per barrage, and only if at least one bomb hurts the player monster.
Griffin’s 3-star Harpoon Launcher
“Harpoon the monster X times while in mid air”
- You must harpoon the monster, while the monster is in mid-air (just think about trying to reenact those tutorial videos of harpooning the Goliath while he’s getting domed).
Lazarus 3-star Lazarus Device & Personal Cloak
“Use the device on Y teammates in a single match X times.”
“Cloak revive Y teammates with the lazarus device in a single match X times.”
- A cloaked device revive counts towards both masteries.
- You can only gain +1 per mastery, per match, no matter how many revives you do.
- Other allies (like survivors on Rescue missions) count towards both masteries.