Download resetting [solved]

I’ve tried to download Evolve Stage 2 three times now.

The first time I got up to 17 gigs, Steam reset the download. Second time I fully downloaded it. Started it up, it was just like before the patch- no changes at all. I backed out and it said “Legacy Evolve” next to the title on Steam. Disabled the Legacy Evolve beta, so it had to restart again?

Is there a way to salvage the 30-ish gigabytes of download wasted or do I need to just let it download and pray to some higher power for mercy?

Unless you want to play the old Evolve, you only need Stage 2 right now.

What Mountain said, you need the Stage 2 download.
It will replace old files you already started to download and remove what isn’t needed. I’d recommend verifying the cache after it’s finished just to be safe.

After investigating it further I found out that Legacy is in the optional beta settings. I must have accidentally toggled it on. Stupid of me. You can delete this thread if you wish. [quote=“skills4u2envy, post:3, topic:89056”]
I’d recommend verifying the cache after it’s finished just to be safe.
[/quote]

I finished the download and played for a couple of hours well enough. Would you still recommend verifying cache though?

It can’t hurt!

Some people had a few issues because of files from the old version interfering with Stage 2 so that’s why I recommended that.

Solved problem :slight_smile: