Hello Evolve Players and forum lurkers!
Longer ago, when the Game got released I had a little discussion with someone on the forums here about how the game should be balanced. Should it be balanced for compettive/high level play? For casual play? for pubs?
However, today i’ve seen a post on reddit about how the winratios in the latest Go4Evolve were, and thus I thought it’s time to get this discussion not only between me and another forum lurker, but all the people, maybe even getting a word from @MacMan on what he thinks about the subject!
For the lazy ones: Overall the Monster had 73% winratio, leaving hunters at 27%. There are some more interesting data, such as pickrate and winratio on the different characters.
Now, let’s discuss. Do you think the Game is balanced in general? If not, why? If yes, why? etc.
My opinion is, that it should be balanced more towards high level play, because, most players tend to have the thrill to improve. Also, low level play is probably quite random on the outcome.
Especially if TRS wants to keep up a competitive scene, such statistics is great for them to see how stuff works out in higher level of play.