Devil May Cry, Dead Rising, Resident Evil HD Discounted In New Humble Bundle

Huge savings

Pay $1 or more!

STRIDER
Umbrella Corps
DmC: Devil May Cry

Pay more than the average of $7.22 (about €6.33) to also unlock!

Umbrella Corps Deluxe Edition Upgrade Pack
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
Resident Evil HD Remaster
Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster
Resident Evil 6

Pay $12 (about €10.52) or more to also unlock!

Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 3

Hmm… that’s all really good stuff.

Especially the DMC stuff.

Unless if it’s just DmC…

Then there might an issue in interests…

Ewww, DmC.

Exactly my point…

It’s actually a really good Hack n Slash game…

But it shouldn’t be considered part of the actual Devil May Cry series.

Now towards the end of the game they made his character more respectable and more like he should be but the overall “F U” fest was annoying for it to be coming from “Dante.”

Great game tho if you ignore any connection within the DMC series. It was the only way I could tolerate it.

[quote=“Major_Warrior, post:5, topic:109775”]
It’s actually a really good Hack n Slash game…
[/quote]Honestly, the game had a number of factors that held it back from being a good game on its own merits and we ended up with a very average hack 'n slash game and a bad Devil May Cry game. Like the worst since 2 levels of bad.

But it shouldn’t be considered part of the actual Devil May Cry series.
[/quote]This I agree with, had Capcom not been trying to give the Devil May Cry series a reboot it didn’t need the game wouldn’t have left anywhere near as bad a taste in the mouths of the fanbase. Heck, the fact that they were trying to sell DmC as Devil May Cry’s future was what caused the uproar in the first place.

Now towards the end of the game they made his character more respectable and more like he should be but the overall “F U” fest was annoying for it to be coming from “Dante.”
[/quote]The biggest problem with DmC’s character arc for Dante was that it had already been done better in Devil May Cry 3. Now, I’m not saying that the parts of Devil May Cry 3’s writing that you’re supposed to take seriously are anything secial, just that they’re better than anything in DmC.

Great game tho if you ignore any connection within the DMC series. It was the only way I could tolerate it.
[/quote]Are you some kind of super hero? I couldn’t stop comparing to previous games. The fact of the matter is, at least in terms of gameplay, that the series had set a standard that we should have all come to expect of other games in the series. And in my honest opinion, that shouldn’t be ignored. if it’s being sold as a reboot of the Devil May Cry series, it should be judged by the same standards of it predecessors.

Thankfully, though, the fans of the series have spoken with their wallets. Not only did DmC flop overall, but the word straight from Capcom is that back when they first released Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition their profits literally doubled. I think at this point they’ve gotten the message.

Eh everyone has different tastes. I won’t deny that it flopped in sales but for me personally I did manage to enjoy it to some extent.

Keywords “some extent.”

I most certainly prefer the originals (besides maybe 2… that one still raises questions but not as many as DmC). I wasn’t able to play number 3 for awhile until at some point they did a release that contained 1, 2 and 3 for the Xbox 360 and I jumped on it.

It was a nightmare doing all of the achievements for the game in the order of the game’s releases but I did it and I am very happy I got to play number 3. 4 was also good in my opinion (altho the straight forward back tracking left a lot to be desired).

Either way, I do hope that they continue to make more DMC stuff that is at least a continuation of DMC4.

[quote=“Major_Warrior, post:7, topic:109775”]
4 was also good in my opinion (altho the straight forward back tracking left a lot to be desired).
[/quote]Yeah, that was one of the two big criticisms many people had about DMC4. But then again, that was likely due to the development team having both their budget and development time cut quite significantly.

The other was mostly centred around Dante and just how much he had been nerfed alongside the fact that he played as though he was made for another game entirely.

Yeah he did feel different than he did than say from the first and third installments.

I’m not even going to put any energy into the second one…

I do wish that the story reveals more about Nero. Aside from the slightly whiny moments he has I actually kinda liked his character. But I wonder if we will ever really find out.

I feel that they missed a massive opportunity to make Nero a whole lot more unique than he ended up being. I personaly think that what they should’ve done was something similar to what they ended up doing with Trish and made Nero’s Devil Bringer the ain focus of his combat with Red Queen being the backup to compliment it.

Maybe…

I’m just really freaking curious as to why he has such a strong connection to Yamato.

Sparda only had two sons and that was it unless he was with another at some, brief, time.

Or Vergil had a kid but I honestly can’t see that being the case… cuz… ya kno… it’s Vergil.

I dunno. Maybe we’ll see in the distant future another, but respectable, DMC game.

Apparently it’s as good as confirmed that Nero is Vergil’s kid at this point.

Yeah that’s the only thing that I could think of as the most likely but I mean…

Who the hell would of been the mother then?

My brother got me the bundle, but they said they ran out of Umbrella Corps keys?

I got my Umbrella Corps keys :slight_smile: