Destiny 2 Official Discussion Thread

Well unless you have Oathkeepers on Hunter (an exotic piece of armor that gives you much faster draw time and let’s you hold your shot indefinitely), I you’ll suffer quite a bit against the current pulse rifle meta (unless your someone like iFrostbolt who is a god at PvP)

The game is currently being dominated by a handful of weapons.

PVP:
Bygones (Gambit random drop; an absolute beast in all game modes)
Go Figure (4 burst pulse rifle that is very strong and sporting very good stats)
Luna’s Howl (3 tap handcannon that, when used properly, is nearly unstoppable in PVP)
Not Forgotten (a variation for Luna’s Howl with better range, both of them are extremely hard to get for the average PVP player)
Trust (Gambit handcannon with great stats and is great with pretty much any perk rolls)
Dust Rock Blues (has the best range for a shotgun in the entire game)
Mindbender’s Ambition (very strong PVP shotgun found by doing a hard mission and RNG)
Retold Tale (Random drop shotgun found in Forsaken’s endgame world)
Play of the Game (Most famous grenade launcher besides the Edge Transit, which is also good, and infamous for its ridiculous random drop rates).
Telesto (a fusion rifle (a gun that fires a burst of high powered lasers) that has a delayed explosion and is always a one shot when 4 at least of your lasers hit)

PVE:
WHISPER OF THE WORM (THE strongest heavy weapon in the game; capable of EXTREME levels of damage and is the reward for an extremely hard mission)
One Thousand Voices (very powerful gun that fires a beam of delayed explosions and melts most bosses like butter; probably the rarest gun in the game right now, as it is the reward for an extremely hard raid, currently completed by like 8% of the world, I would like to say. On top of that, there is a hugely small chance of getting the gun at the end of the raid, because it is essentially a lottery game)
Ikelos Shotgun (VERY STRONG shotgun; highest DPS of all shotguns in the game. This is a must (or HIGHLY recommended) for most PVE activities. Found by defeating Escalation Protocol Boss on certain weeks)
Sleeper Simulant (This is still, I would say, the king of gambit (a hybrid PVPVE mode, very fun), or at least until more than like 5% of the playerbase has One Thousand Voices. It is capable of eliminating any player with one body shot in Gambit and also deals very high damage to bosses. Essentially a mix between a fusion rifle and sniper rifle (otherwise known as linear fusion rifle)

Other Notable Weapons (weapons I have come across that I enjoyed using):
Sunshot (powerful hand cannon that causes explosions on kills; capable of causing huge chain reactions of solar explosions)
Graviton Lance (previously the strongest exotic in the whole game. Just like sunshot, kills cause large detonations. Base damage is also very impressive)
Riskrunner (SMG that has the ability to never run out of ammo and provides defensive bonuses to the user when the user takes arc damage. This thing turns in to a murder machine under certain situations)

This is all that comes to mind right now.

If you get Forsaken, I would highly recommend getting some friends and hunting for some of the rarer weapons on this list.

WHOOOOO!!! Got a 5 win streak in Gambit today!

My favorite loadout by far is a strong auto rifle with telesto and a strong linear fusion rifle for PvP.

I also got the seething heart from the big meatball!

So much accomplished today. Feelsgoodman.

Although today did make me hate sleeper even more.

EDTI: I also have a pretty fun Hazard of the Cast. It rolled with Zen Moment+Outlaw. Kinda disappointed that there wasn’t a rampage or kill clip, but it is still insanely strong

I highly recommend those who have collected this year 1 gun to try it out: the Tarantula. Very good charge time as well as snapshot sights makes this a very capable gun in the Crucible as well as invading in Gambit.

It has pretty decent damage compared to its linear fusion rifle buddies, and it is incredibly easy to land headshots with this gun. Great alternative to Sleeper so that you can free up an exotic slot.

PVP:
Bygones (Gambit random drop; an absolute beast in all game modes)
Go Figure (4 burst pulse rifle that is very strong and sporting very good stats)
Luna’s Howl (3 tap handcannon that, when used properly, is nearly unstoppable in PVP)
Not Forgotten (a variation for Luna’s Howl with better range, both of them are extremely hard to get for the average PVP player)
Trust (Gambit handcannon with great stats and is great with pretty much any perk rolls)
Dust Rock Blues (has the best range for a shotgun in the entire game)
Mindbender’s Ambition (very strong PVP shotgun found by doing a hard mission and RNG)
Retold Tale (Random drop shotgun found in Forsaken’s endgame world)
Play of the Game (Most famous grenade launcher besides the Edge Transit, which is also good, and infamous for its ridiculous random drop rates).
Telesto (a fusion rifle (a gun that fires a burst of high powered lasers) that has a delayed explosion and is always a one shot when 4 at least of your lasers hit)
Inaugural Address (pulse rifle that fires more like a laser beam, considering how stable it is. I also has one of the best perk combinations in the game, outlaw+kill clip (fast reload speed on crit kill+bonus damage after kill reload), making it a true top tier weapon, even with random rolls in place)

PVE:
WHISPER OF THE WORM (THE strongest heavy weapon in the game; capable of EXTREME levels of damage and is the reward for an extremely hard mission)
One Thousand Voices (very powerful gun that fires a beam of delayed explosions and melts most bosses like butter; probably the rarest gun in the game right now, as it is the reward for an extremely hard raid, currently completed by like 8% of the world, I would like to say. On top of that, there is a hugely small chance of getting the gun at the end of the raid, because it is essentially a lottery game)
Ikelos Shotgun (VERY STRONG shotgun; highest DPS of all shotguns in the game. This is a must (or HIGHLY recommended) for most PVE activities. Found by defeating Escalation Protocol Boss on certain weeks)
Sleeper Simulant (This is still, I would say, the king of gambit (a hybrid PVPVE mode, very fun), or at least until more than like 5% of the playerbase has One Thousand Voices. It is capable of eliminating any player with one body shot in Gambit and also deals very high damage to bosses. Essentially a mix between a fusion rifle and sniper rifle (otherwise known as linear fusion rifle)
Tractor Cannon (very strong shotgun that provides a damage buff of up to 33%? percent on targets. Great weapon for boss melting)
Midnight Coup (one of the strongest year 1 handcannons and still dominates in PVE activities. It rolls with outlaw and rampage, granting faster reloads on critical kills and a damage bonus buff that stacks on kills. Found by doing the Leviathan Raid)

Other Notable Weapons (weapons I have come across that I enjoyed using):
Sunshot (powerful hand cannon that causes explosions on kills; capable of causing huge chain reactions of solar explosions)
Graviton Lance (previously the strongest exotic in the whole game. Just like sunshot, kills cause large detonations. Base damage is also very impressive)
Riskrunner (SMG that has the ability to never run out of ammo and provides defensive bonuses to the user when the user takes arc damage. This thing turns in to a murder machine under certain situations)

Updated my old list with Inaugural Address, Tractor Cannon, and Midnight Coup.

I’m already at 3500 something Infamy after this weekend. Does anyone know how much infamy it takes to reset your rank?

I have an opening shot+zen moment Trust. Not too bad, but dang can this thing fire for a fair distance.

I got the Crimson catalyst from a Gambit win.

Does the Luna’s Howl quest carry over to the next season?

Bungie has been blessing me with some pretty good teammates in gambit lately. Hope this carries over when I potentially start my solo Luna’s Howl grind.

So in order tp download my copy of D2, i bought a 6$usb wifi and a one day pass to Xfinity wifi. Too bad the wifi service is just horrid. But its slowly downloading.

Nice! Trust me it’ll be worth it. The game is great now with all the changes year 2 has brought. Beware though, a lot of content WILL cost you 40 bucks.

Anyway, can those who have Luna’s howl give me ideas for subclasses/loadout to use?

Crimson+Deadpan Delivery+Play of the Game for Luna’s howl grind?

I’m terribly confused.

I’ll try it out. Sounds like it could work.

Got this game free on Battle.net. Very mixed opinions so far

its an 80gb download >.<

Have you gotten it yet?

Pro Tip: Beat campaign first, don’t clear anything on the planets yet. After that, you’ll gain power so quickly it won’t even matter. Only farm public events. This way, when you complete challenges, all of your best gear will have the highest power so you can avoid the heavy price of infusion.

Basically, since the level cap is essentially way above 300, you won’t actually need to do endgame content to gain levels. After beating the campaign, grind these open world mini missions (called public events) a good 4 hours should get you pretty high (if not to max level already). After that, do interplanetary challenges like strikes or crucible that automatically give legendary (purple) gear and sometimes exotic (golden) gear.

(I just realized my summary was longer than my first explanation).

(Then if you get bored, buy all 3 expansions for 40 bucks).

“Beat campaign first” best statement 2018

Well, the game was download all but finalizing the files, but it wouldnt, so i had to shuffle things around and omg this d/l is slow.

Sometimes the campaign offers powerful rewards, meaning getting to the soft cap before starting the campaign can be a good idea.

The fact that people hate this thunder lord quest worries me.

New loadout idea: alone as a god+trust+DARCI?

Fun fact, I enjoyed the grind of Destiny and it took Evolve to break my addiction to it.

Now with Evolve gone, a free copy of Destiny 2… there’s nothing stopping me from that lovely grind.

That’s because it’s time gated. I only pick up Destiny once a week to finish the next step then I don’t get back on until next week. I’ve lost all interest in Destiny since there’s nothing to really do anymore.