Dead By Daylight Main Discussion Thread

She looks like so much fun, and her animations are amazing. I’m so excited :smiley_cat:

I want the Ginosaji.

Ref:

She is creepy, disgusting, and awesome animated … i love it :slight_smile: he would be perfect for a Horrormovie :stuck_out_tongue:

Dear Thread… (imagine you had everything unlocked)

I would like to know what you all consider the best killer perks and why? Then if you could, go over some of your favorite survivor perks.

Thanks for your time,
Kat

Survivors are easier since they’re all basically the same. I usually run/switch out the following:

Self Care / Bond - Usually have either one or the other for the heals

Urban Evasion - Always use this now, must have since I can’t imagine not having it anymore. The crouch walking speed is great for avoiding the Killer.

We’ll Make It - Let’s you heal other fast after a unhook, and it’s a timer so you can heal fast until it runs out. I had a game not too long ago where I used it 4 times before the timer went out

Leader - Makes others perform cooperative actions faster if they’re close to you. Great for working through Killer perks like Thanataphobia and Ruin, which slow down your progress.

Adrenaline - Instantly heal one health state and get a sprint burst once the Exit Gates are powered. This perk has saved my life in a chase more than I can count, but there’s also the chance that you won’t even use it if the Survivors can’t finish gens.

Calm Spirit - Never ran this one until they changed it recently. Now you don’t cry out when the Killer melee hits you, the doctor zaps you, or the Clown throws his goo at you.

Small Game - I almost always run this because Hex totems like Ruin and NOED are really annoying. Plus, being able to have a warning of where Killer traps are is great for when you’re in a chase.

Sprint Burst / Balanced Landing - Both are exhaustion perks that give you a speed boost. Sprint Burst gives you a boost when you simply run, and Balanced Landing does the same after you drop down from a long fall. I personally love Balanced Landing, but if you don’t know the areas of a map where you can use it, it can be useless.

Those are my favorites, and the ones I use most.
Some other common ones I see are Decisive Strike, Unbreakable, Dead Hard, and Borrowed Time.

IMO the best Killer perk period is Hex: Ruin; It’s essentially required to compete at any serious level with good Survivors. Some other good ones are Bamboozle (good in certain loops to cut off some insanely good vault spots), Enduring (counters Decisive Strike, which is the most annoyingly powerful thing in the entire game), Brutal Strength (just good for speeding up chases where you have to break pallets), and Make Your Choice (a personal favorite of mine, since it rewards not camping hooks and actually playing the game in a fun way).

For Survivors, Decisive Strike is pretty much insane, to the point of being a crutch perk. Dead Hard is really strong if you know how to use it, as is Sprint Burst. Adrenaline can just straight up win you the game sometimes if you get good timing on the heal and speed. Also Self Care is crazy good.

Found gameplay of new killer, timestamped.

wow that was fast

I hope I get to heal you up, rub my hands all over that. - Me

Right, I felt like they were making fun of me simply becuase as a killer player, when I started doing gens. I couldnt (until recently lol) and if they popped I would run off and jump in a shack.

(Apologies in advance if this is too much of a rez)

So, I picked the game up during the sale, have been eyeing it for a while. Probably going full killer, because I much prefer the premise of that. I’m interested in killers like the Nurse or the Spirit, but I’ve understood that they are pretty difficult. Probably best to start with like the Hilibilly or something?

I renember picking up Wraith. You could stalk people and come out when they least expected it. The only thing you had to keep in mind was you couldn’t instantly deactivate your invisibility, and some bells jingled as you did so. Cornering the survivors and not giving them any chance to escape was essential. It was great early on with inexperienced survivors, but he fell off quite hard when experienced survivors knew how to play aganist him.

Play doctor for totally balanced and fair easy wins.

what platform are you on?

PC

Yeah, I was leaning towards starting with him yeah. And thanks for the tip, ^^ anything else to be weary of?

Ah yes, I remember hearing from Oroboro about the impossible skillcheck build or something :joy:

You don’t even need to build impossible skill check build, thats the worst thing about him, you can play no perk doctor and still make them struggle.

oh boi, will probably avoid him for now then :joy: I’m anxious enough as is just going into the deep end, don’t want to run the risk of getting hate by playing a ‘fair and balanced’ killer >.>

Honestly let people whine. I hardly consider the ‘Dr.’ to be ‘unfair’. The Nurse is, arguably, the only one that I would even consider unfair (Or depending on your view the ‘most’ unfair) among all the killers and only because she negates many of the game mechanics that stall/thwart other killers. I wish they would get their crap together and make other killers better LIKE the nurse instead of having such a huge disparity in skill ceilings for the killers.

I was a Leatherface Main ( because he is my fav. Horror Character ) but now im going to main The Spirit she is so fun to play and has a amazng creepy design i love it :slight_smile: Also the Problem whit Leatherface is that he will never get any Skins because he is liscensed it gets kinda boring in a time :frowning:

For start u should play Trapper, Wraith or maybe if u want to buy DLCs LEatherface and Michael feels easy too. Doctor would be a opinion too but he needs some good add on for his range

Hillbilly, Nurse and Spirit are some of the hardest Killer to master but if u are good whit them they can be really Strong. Nurse and Hillbilly are already the strongest Killers in the Game :slight_smile: