The damage reduction perk on monsters is too high right now, it needs to be balanced.
Now one might say that they lose movement, feeding speed, damage or cooldown etc but that does not matter much because you can compensate the loss for those perks with the following
Movement : Buffs spawn at the same place and same time during a game, you can look for them and get certain perks out of them throughout the game, feeding route being the same one can just follow it without having to waste much time to think/search and following the same route every time helps to become more efficient in movement.
Feeding : Same as above, you can get buffs for movement/feeding etc and as always follow the feeding route and stage up faster.
Damage/Cooldown : Damage reduction perks being so powerful one can take time to land his attacks carefully dealing more damage and as always there are those Damage buffs which is taken by monsters most of the time because of their awkward spawning location on the map being easily accessible by monsters.
Players with 1000s of hours of gameplay and playing with a team might be able to communicate/plan and stop the monster from taking these powerful buffs but for players playing solo/not as much experience in the game, it’s really toxic.
They struggle to damage the monster without DR perks, but with full DR perks and Damage buffs on the monster the hunters take strikes every dome for little to no less damage throughout the game.
Not to forget the famous Kraken which keeps flying and attacking from a distance making half the abilities of hunters weak/useless against it, Hunters barely being able to dmg a flying monster which keeps attacking from a good distance being stacked with full DR makes the gameplay less enjoyable and toxic. Kraken can already last much longer due to being able to fly entire dome throwing attacks while dodging hunter due to distance, being stacked with DR gives him much more time to stay and get a hunter down only to run away without less to none health loss.
My suggestion would be to do any of the following :-
- Reduce the damage reduction value on the DR Perk or buff the damage perk for hunters
(Buffing dmg perks for hunters is not really a good idea though because it can be too powerful against monsters without DR so former idea would be better than latter)
- Make buff time/location spawn random to stop stacking of DR with other powerful buffs making monster godlike
- Remove feeding route, Feeding route compensates for loss of movement/feeding perks and monster can just follow them to stage up faster
- Buff the DR perks for hunters which are so weak that rarely anyone would pick them.I follow a lot of Professional players on youtube and twitch and I don’t see anyone using them ever as well.
- Reduce Armor regeneration on passive/eating. It is so hard to take out armor on monster with DR and monster getting full armor back again in matter of couple of seconds is a pain in the arse
Developers have been making balancing changes after keeping High-level gameplay in mind since stage 2 which consists very less player base compared to those who play Arcade for fun and forgetting the huge player base of new players.
It is high time to focus on gameplay experience for new players, making it more fun for both monster and hunters.
Myself I have 450 hours and being a legacy players thought to share my thoughts with some problems being faced by new players and myself