Cross Platform? [XB1+PC]

5 Likes

I’ve come across 1 hacker in my 1,421 hours in Evolve. Not all that common.
But yeah, console players can’t really compete with the PC players. Aiming isn’t the same and all.

A handful of PC gamers play with a gamepad.

@MidnightRoses Also Microsoft owns both Xbox and Windows and games have already gone cross-platform like the new Fable.

I can see the issue with MS but I doubt it’ll be a problem :confused:

Hope it works though :slight_smile:

Ok… We can play… As long as everyone plays fair.

Darn seals, too cute.

@Shin
when Microsoft wraps up the keyboard and mouse for Xbox it could be more doable, but then we would have to get use to the difference.

1 Like

Oh and I’ve only run into 1 hacker in over 500 hours :slight_smile:

Oh everyone will play fair, there are soooooooooo few hackers on here. I’ve seen two in like 666 hours. Shin’s had like one in 2000 hours.

1 Like

It doesn’t take long. I went from gamepad to MKB for Evolve, it was an easy transition.

1 Like

I played with my X-box controller for awhile on PC, but eventually went to keyboard/mouse simply for keybinding. It’s not at all hard to get used to.

1 Like

Shin how are you still not a regular xD.

I am a regular, I have been for a long time now.

Why does it not show then? I’m confused.

I don’t wear the title.

I was a regular since March I believe, so like 5-6 months now?

Oh. that explains it also I believe that cross platforming is possible but time consuming.

I doubt we will see cross play, if we are strictly going off of windows 10. Last I was told, they would only be applying this new feature to newer releases. I take that as being completely new games, Evolve doesn’t meet this requirement.

1 Like

Using a baby seal picture is playing dirty btw… Who could say no to a seal?
Seals and hamsters are the top 2 cutest animals in the world.

As for keyboard and mouse, I’ll get it as soon as Microsoft allows me to this with my Xbox.

3 Likes

Conspiracy…

3 Likes

I would love to have cross-platform support. I really don’t think keyboard and mouse players have that much of an advantage in Evolve over controller users. It’s not a twitch shooter like CS:GO or COD.

Would help tremendously the population on both consoles.

I’ve been playing with a controller since the start, just moved the jump button to the upper left button so I can aim while I jump and I’m all set.

And using a keyboard mapper to map the G key to pushing down on the left thumb stick. Run should be enabled by default in Evolve.

2 Likes

Cross plattform is a concept more suited for platformers and the like, not FPS.
It’s not about a “console war”, it’s about the controller.
Whenever mouse and keyboard or controller is the most confortable is subjective, but aiming with a mouse is objectively better. Not only is controller users aim off, but they can’t fly, fire and aim at the same time unless they are using a certain grip (that I don’t remember what is called), which is a rare thing.

Mouse user hunters would suffer a lot if they were paired with controller users(not console users, but controller users) if the monster is also a mouse user and a monster using a contoller would suffer vs a team of mouse users because of their easier time dodging and said controller monster’s harder time aiming.

Sure you can buy a mouse and keyboard for a console, but not even a fraction of console users have that.

TL;DR:
Cross-plattform is not suited for FPS games. Not a console issue, but a controller issue.