Cross Platform? [XB1+PC]

Question, I’d like to know if there are any plans, now or in the future of Evolve becoming cross-platform for Windows 10 PCs and Xbox One.

@MajorLeeHyper @SledgePainter @MacMan and any other devs that could answer that’d be great :slight_smile:

Also what are other’s thoughts on whether or not this should happen.

3 Likes

Like the joke. If its serious then that’s kinda not cool :expressionless:

2 Likes

I’d really like to see this as well, and not only would it be cool, but the obvious advantage of seeing more games being played would be a huge plus. Fingers crossed :smiley:

1 Like

A. You did this before >:|
B. Not gonna happen

A. Sue me, it’s relevant and I wanted a fresh thread.

B. Who says?

Sources.  

No evidence. You pessimist >:[

i’m not searching through all this for one quote m8

Devs haven’t denied its possibility.

@SledgePainter isn’t a dev, she’s a moderator who helps in the community

I wouldn’t have thought they’d be any plans for it, but only the devs know the answer.

I don’t know how easy it is to link them. The input devices are pretty damn different. Not sure how well the 2 communities would mix

1 Like

I would kinda like to see this, but as an xbox player I could only think of the hate between the two. for some reason we all can’t just be gamers one HAS to be better than the other.

1 Like

I don’t feel like it’ll be an issue if you cannot tell in game who’s from which console.

Agreed.
Anyone that takes PC master race as truth and not a joke…they worry me.

3 Likes

People would just assume, and call people names I feel. There is a lot of hate between different platforms Why? I have no idea I don’t get it.

2 Likes

No more console war debating here…lets get this thread back on topic.

2 Likes

Cross platform wouold be awesome IMO- I highly doubt it’ll ever be a thing, at least not for Evolve, but it would be great. Playerbase issues would be resolved to a large extent and the community would be unified.

But the main part is that you could actually find matches. :smiley:

3 Likes

I don’t really see why it wouldn’t be possible. :confused:

Well for a start, everyone has to agree- Microsoft, Sony, etc. And MS may disagree because MS has a lot of underhanded and ridiculous marketing practices but eh.

Apart from that Iunno. But I’ve been told it’s impractical, so eh.

No offense to the pc players but I wouldn’t want to play with you guys. Lol
Mouse and keyboard vs our controllers? No thanks, even though Xbox will have that too one day. My next concern would be those that cheat, it’s easier for pc users, so I wouldn’t wanna see it happen. If not for these things, I’d say hell yeah.