Cross Platform Play

I’m curious if there is any possibility for cross platform play between Steam and PlayStation 4, like what Portal 2 accomplished with PlayStation 3, what Final Fantasy XIV achieved with PC and PlayStation 4 or what Street Fighter V is pursuing. I don’t know if there’s any barriers for Turtle Rock Studios, but I can only imagine Sony would be willing to assist in that project.

I’m just curious. Thanks for the consideration.

Microsoft said “No” a long time ago.

Also, M/Kboard > Controller

I never wrote nor mentioned Microsoft, but thanks for your input. Much appreciated :sweat_smile:

IMHO

Hunter = M/Kboard > Controller
Monster = M/Kboard < Controller

dont want to start a “pc monster race” discussion,but i can chose my input device…

that said, i really hate this “no cross platform bullshit” policy, but what can you do. best thing is to boycott xbox then.

I am actually curious if we will see a cross platform update for a Windows 10. The new Fable game will be cross platform between PC and XB1.

You could use the M/keyboard>pad argument but the funny thing is people still use pads on PC anyway, besides any good pad player should be just as efficient when you’re playing with non-bads.

Controller is definitely harder than mouse & keyboard and therefore under no circumstances should there be cross platform play.

They already have a steady stream of fankids licking their boots. Don’t try and convince them, though. They’ll eat you.

I’ve used my Xbox controller in the Evolve Beta on PC and I’ve performed as well as I did in Evolve’s Technical Test on PS4 with my Dual Shock 4 controller. What’s harder for you is never reflective of other people. Nonetheless, your input is appreciated :sweat_smile:

[quote=“Crash, post:7, topic:29434, full:true”]
You could use the M/keyboard>pad argument but the funny thing is people still use pads on PC anyway, besides any good pad player should be just as efficient when you’re playing with non-bads.
[/quote]Correct. Evolve has gamepad support on PC and I only purchase and play games with partial or full gamepad support. I’d prefer to buy the PC Monster Race Edition but my friend is only on PlayStation 4 and Evolve is a better experience with friends. The Monster Race Edition is exclusive to PC and that’s disheartening.

The ideal layout for me is to purchase the PC Monster Race Edition and Cross Platform Play with my friend, who is on PlayStation 4. Since all the maps and game modes are free, all players can still play against DLC Monsters, all players play alongside DLC characters and Sony is open towards Cross Platform Play, then Cross Platform Play would make Evolve even more appealing to people and unify it’s player base.

Nonetheless, this is my preference towards Cross Platform Play.

As long as consoles do not officially allow mouse and keyboard, it makes no sense, it only ends in frustration.

[quote=“Gazprom, post:12, topic:29434, full:true”]
As long as consoles do not officially allow mouse and keyboard, it makes no sense, it only ends in frustration.
[/quote] Portal 2, which is Cross Platform Play, has no mouse and keyboard support on PlayStation 3. There is no frustration happening. On the other hand, the PlayStation 4 version of Final Fantasy XIV comes with full mouse and keyboard support and is basically indistinguishable from the PC version.

I’ll understand if the CryEngine is incapable of Cross Platform Play by design or if Cross Platform Play is not financially feasible for 2K or Turtle Rock Studio. Those are sensible. Lack of Cross Platform Play for a ridiculous notion such as lack of mouse and keyboard support on a console version when the PC version has gamepad support will never make sense.

Nonetheless, lack of any mouse and keyboard support for Cross Platform Play enabled video games on PlayStation platforms has a laughable 0% impact on a PC platform version. I’m concerned with logic but thankful for your input. Much appreciated :sweat_smile:

I think you are seeing this through the pink glasses.

You are comparing apples and peaches. Portal 2 might be first person, but it is still better played with mouse. FF is a completely different genre and irrelevant.

It’s not about fincancially feasable or if it’s by design, it has been so for decades. Once the consoles allow mouse/keyboard, controllers would become useless in Shooter games and would split the whole console+gamepad synergy. The same reason why we still drive with fuel instead of an energy cell, to keep the business running. I think you can use XIM4 to enable mouse/keyboard for some console games, but i don’t have a console, so i can’t say if it works straight away, or if the company who creates this device has to create support kits for each specific game.

Fact is that in FPS Games, like Evolve, mouse/keyboard allows for a much higher accuracy and if you put em together with gamepad warriors, the mouse wielder will always have the upper hand.

It just doesn’t work with Evolve and ends like i said with lots of frustration for the console players.

pelase explain that

i dont see why a controller would be better for a monster, specially since it relies on skillshots just as the hunters do

Another M/KB vs controller? Pff… everbody knows a controller is much better. :stuck_out_tongue:

For reference I am KM&M or bust when it comes to anything that requires shooting. Does not matter if it is FPS or over the shoulder.

With Evolve because of the way monster powerups work (anything other than the basic ‘claw’ attack) it is difficult to hit these buttons and still stay mobile. I messed with bindings for a good 3 hours trying to make a setup that worked well for me. Everything from keyboard rebinds to binding some of the abilities to the extra buttons on my mouse. Nothing felt, good. I always felt like I was fighting the game more than I was fighting the hunters.

However when I gave the gamepad a try all that went away. It was SOOOOOOO much easier to control the camera, control the monster, and still hit the power attacks.And this was with default controller bindings. Even talking to people playing the game when I brought this up they said the same thing. They grab their controller if they are put on the monster and KB&M when on hunter.

I will also add I have no idea why more console games do not support KB&M. First FPS game I really remember that did this was Unreal III. Dust 514, and CS:GO on consoles also support KB&M. But thats about it.

[quote=“Gazprom, post:14, topic:29434, full:true”]
I think you are seeing this through the pink glasses.
[/quote] Well I tried.

I really don’t care for your opinion on your preferences of controllers. This post isn’t about that and you’re free to start a thread about your feelings and preferences as I did. Your efforts are still appreciated. Best regards.

[quote=“Dutch, post:16, topic:29434”]
Another M/KB vs controller? Pff… everbody knows a controller is much better. :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote] I confident you’re being funny and I’m slightly amused. Nonetheless, please don’t contribute to alternating the notion of this thread. There are likely other threads that focus on this topic.

Please start that thread or contribute those discussion there. I’d truly enjoy Cross Platform Play for Evolve and not gamepad vs m/kb disagreements.
Much appreciated.

I’d freakin’ love this. It’d remove the divide between all platforms… And it’d allow me to play with friends who don’t have the money for a decent gaming computer!

But I can’t see it happening. And it makes me a sad panda.