Got something for you all.
Since release I’ve been slowly compiling weapon damage numbers, obtained from end-of-game scoreboards in custom games. A few were obtained on the forums from devs. More recently I’ve recorded weapon unload and reload times, which makes it fairly straightforward to calculate dps. It’s been a fun side project to uncover the actual statistics, and validate why certain things feel strong or weak.
A couple things to explain in the headers below:
- Damage is either damage/shot or damage/second
- Unload time is how long it takes to empty a clip/magazine.
- Burst DPS is clip damage divided by unload time.
- Avg DPS is clip damage divided by unload + reload time.
- Dmg/60s was mostly figured out by hand. If you ONLY used that weapon that’s the max unmodified damage you could do. Mainly useful to see damage potential for non assault characters.
- Orange highlight is something that needs re-testing.
The abilities shared between all characters in a class are:
- Assault Shield: 10s duration, 30s recharge
- Trapper Dome: 60s duration, 60s recharge
- Support Cloak: 20s duration, 30s recharge
- Medics - each now has their own unique heal burst. Was approximated visually with help from Mammoth birds (400 dmg).
Hunter health is 1600 by the way.
Each strike is 320 / 20 % of your health.
As far as accuracy, it’s certainly possible I slipped up somewhere, but in general I’ve tried to verify damage numbers multiple times in game to be sure. If you see something that looks off let me know.
Some things I don’t have exact numbers, but didn’t want to wait on:
Flamethrower & napalm launcher (burn damage doesn’t register on scoreboards so I made an estimate based on this video)
Lightning gun (always get around 850 whereas someone else tested and got 1k), Would need help verifying.
Laser cutter - shouldn’t be off by more than hundred. Same with lightning gun - would need help verifying.
Harpoon gun - the 150 damage I think was from the prima guide.
Some Dev quote sources:
- Val sniper: 140 damage Telemetry and Game Balance
- Bucket turret damage/shot: 21 Post beta tuning adjustments
- Bucket rocket launcher: 75 +11% (~85) dmg Post beta tuning adjustments & PC Patch 1.3
- Parnell shotgun: 8 pellets 14dmg/pellet Parnell's reliance on Medics
- Cabot amp: 1000 bonus damage (2 dmg 500 ammo) Parnell's reliance on Medics
- Crow charged sniper shot: 120 damage Telemetry and Game Balance
- Updated to patch notes 2.38/2.08 from May 14th
- Torvald’s mortars from 4.5s to 6.0s reload. Loses out on 3 mortars per 60s or 2700/2890 elite potential damage.
- Tested Val medgun elite - right around 1200 capacity.
- Calculated Slim’s max potential healing with healing burst if every leech gun shot hits at close range, now with exact healing burst numbers given from patch notes for both healing others and self. Much higher than my initial approximation (8,832 vs 5,580 self)
added Parnell supersoldier dps and fixed a few mistakes. added dev quotes. orange highlight needs re-testing
Current as of April 30th PC patch 2.3.6 that reduced perks