Can anyone explain this for me? How do the Hunters work?

I believe Torvarld was going to get a “propaganda” variation, so it’s safe to assume he died.
If I’m not mistaken, Crow was going to leave with Markov, Val & Hank to chase the P.Wraith, rounding out the “war” variations, so that leaves Slim to be the designated “healer” of the “propaganda”, meaning he most likely died. As for why he couldn’t be the healer for “cataclysm”, Em-Bucket filled that role

Pretty sure Crow would be one to be slaughtered by the Phantom Wraith along with Lennox, Caira and Griffin (and Torvald I think). In Slim’s variant concept art you can see he has Crow’s cape and Gobi.

Those endings were all speculative, not officially confirmed. Even hunters like Emet and Jack had some ambiguity to where they ended. From what I can tell, this is the information for all the hunters:

Markov: Survived to escape Shear. Possibly died hunting the Phantom Wraith. If not, took part in the Extinction attack and possibly died then. If not, died at some point in the future from unknown causes.

Val: Survived to escape Shear. Possibly died hunting the Phantom Wraith. If not, took part in the Extinction attack and possibly died then. If not, died at some point in the future from unknown causes.

Maggie: Died on Shear after being stranded.

Daisy: Survived being stranded but never escaped Shear. Survived for at least five years, died at some point in the future from unknown causes.

Hank: Survived to escape Shear. Possibly died hunting the Phantom Wraith.If not, took part in the Extinction attack and possibly died then. If not, died at some point in the future from unknown causes.

Hyde: Survived being stranded but never escaped Shear. Survived for at least five years, died at some point in the future from unknown causes.

Lazarus: Storyline incomplete. Either died on Shear after being stranded or lived until at least the Extinction attack.

Griffin: Died on Shear after being stranded.

Bucket: Survived to escape Shear, though he lost his repair drone shell. Survived until at least the Extinction attack, then possibly died. If not, lived for an indeterminate period of time.

Parnell: Survived to escape Shear and lived until at least the Extinction attack, possibly died then. If not, died at some point in the future from unknown causes.

Caira: Killed by the Phantom Wraith after being stranded on Shear.

Abe: Died on Shear after being stranded.

Cabot: Died on Shear after being stranded.

Torvald: Storyline incomplete.

Slim: Storyline incomplete. Concept art indicates degenerative mutation into a larger and more feral form, possibly due to being exposed to monster mutagen alongside Hyde.

Crow: Storyline incomplete.

Sunny: Survived to escape Shear and lived until at least the Extinction attack, possibly died then. If not, died at some point in the future from unknown causes.

Lennox: Died on Shear after being stranded.

Emet: Severely damaged on Shear but survived to escape and be restored. No future mention is made, but likely lived at least until the Extinction attack.

Jack: Survived being stranded but never escaped Shear. Survived for at least five years, died at some point in the future from unknown causes.

Kala: Survived being stranded but mutation completed and remained stranded on Shear. Killed at some point in the future by Hyde.

TL;DR: Maggie, Griffin, Caira, Abe, Cabot, and Lennox all died after being stranded on Shear. Val, Hank, and Markov survived to escape but may have died against the Phantom Wraith. Parnell, Bucket, and Sunny lived until at least the Extinction attack. Emet lived to escape Shear but may have died at any point in the future. Lazarus either died after being stranded or lived until Extinction. Hyde, Jack, and Daisy remained stranded on Shear and lived for at least five years. Kala remained stranded on Shear and died at some point before Hyde did. Torvald, Crow, and Slim have no stated survival points or confirmed deaths, leaving nothing but rumors and fan theories.

1 Like

Is this one of those “explain videogame fiction” threads?

Thanks for this, actually clears up some things.

1 Like

The game actually answers this if you keep playing.

“Because its the future”.

2 Likes

Torvald was confirmed to die since his adaptation was in Propaganda.

No, that’s not Slim’s official adaptation art.

Do you have a source for that? I haven’t seen anything about that, only this:

I read it somewhere, and I found concept art of a clean shaven blue Torvald. Where that quote is, however, I have no clue.