Can a computer work with TWO mouses?

I’m currently using a G400S Logitech for gaming, which has a 500 hz polling rate.

I then got an Anker 2.4G Vertical Ergonomic mouse for work, which has a 125 hz polling rate. I made a purchase mistake and forgot to check the polling rate before I got it, therefore it is a downgrade for me for gaming, but an upgrade for me for work.

Can I have 2 of these mouses plugged in to my computer and that they can both move the cursor at the same time? [That is, the 2 plugged-in mouses will be recognised by the game, and moving each one individually will move the single cursor] (Of course, I am not expecting 2 cursors)

I think if you have two plugged in it’ll select one of the mouses and you can switch between the two, I’m not sure though o.O

The problem is that I bought an ergonomic mouse and can’t refund :frowning:

I’m hoping to alternate between the two - using the ergonomic one for work, and the other one for gaming.

I believe so, just don’t expect multiple mouse cursors :smiley:

Yes, you can. They will both be active, and will both always manipulate the cursor/game you’re playing. Not a problem as long as only one is moving. But if you try to move both mice the cursor won’t be able to go where either mouse is trying to go, as they’ll “fight” over position.

Edit: This is for a Windows system.

Cool, thanks!

Yup, I have a Windows system.

I would have figured you know this, I mean… You know everything!

Right??
RIGHT??!

The answer is yes.

Well I just needed a double confirmation to soothe my buyer’s regret …

Yes, a mouse is just an input device. If there is a location on the tower to translate the information to the system, the mouse cursor will update.

You will still have one cursor, you can’t change this as far as I’m aware. Having two mice is almost exclusively a setback since you can only effectively use one at a time. However, if you’re playing a turn-based hotseat game, then you don’t have to touch your friend’s sweaty mouse. :smile:

You can indeed have two mice connected to the same computer, both of which will have control of the same cursor at the same time… I may or may not have used this to troll co-workers in the past :wink:

One of them were wireless weren’t they?

Might want to edit that :dizzy_face:

my tablet tends to auto correct moiser to mouser, mousar and mousere. Don’t understand who Mouses became moisers.

Well you might want to change it before moisers actually sees it.

No point in changing it, too late and it’ll stay hidden anyways.