Cabot's weapons lack appropriate feedback

My biggest problem with Cabot right now is the lack of feedback for his weapons. Whenever I connect the damage amp, I think everyone’s supposed to see a “2X Damage” marker on the monster’s health at the top. However, I’ve noticed that the game currently doesn’t give me or my teammates any feedback that it’s actually working. Has anyone else noticed this?

As for the rail cannon, I know you get a audible thump when you directly hit the monster, but it doesn’t appear to give me any feedback as to whether or not I’ve hit the monster through a wall. Given that the mechanics of the rail cannon are still a bit mysterious to everyone, some clear feedback as to whether the monster’s being hit through a wall would be extremely appreciated.

The damage amp connects to the monster and it glows red/black.

I agree on the rail gun though, would be nice to know if you scored a hit.

Yeah definitely true, but when I don’t see the damage multiplier notification showing up at the monster’s health bar it makes me feel like the game’s glitching out. Seems like the devs chose the health bar as the standard place to represent damage multipliers from the medics, so why not use it for Cabot too?

I’m pretty sure it does once someone is shooting while the Amp is active.

it does, but only when

Whenever you deal damage to the monster it shows its health bar at the top of the screen, that’s how I tell if ive hit it thro a wall

I’m pretty sure it does once someone is shooting while the Amp is active.

I have been watching it and I don’t think this is the case. This would make a lot of sense though.

darkendsky17h:
Whenever you deal damage to the monster it shows its health bar at the top of the screen, that’s how I tell if ive hit it thro a wall

I think the health bar only pops up when the monster’s in combat mode, which apparently only gets triggered when you do damage within a specific range of the monster. If you score a hit further away than that range, I’ve seen the health bar not come up.

It’s marked the same way that val’s and laz’s spots do. You only see the mark and only see the 2x/1.5x icon when someone hits the spot.

big red/black beam+cabot is screaming 200% on yo weapons ppl dont waste it

you can check the healthbar of the Monster.
Giving the Railgun feedback if it hits would be simply another “wallhack”.

It doesnt matter how much damage it does damage is damage and it is even better if permanent. Also you might stop him feeding.

Personally i dont like hit indicators in games, feels as if i am cheating. In a way there is already a feedback for your hit/miss with the railgun. If you are close to the monster you will see the monsters hp/armor go down.

There is plenty of feedback for both of his weapons. The Railgun not only makes a rediculously large blood splatter behind it, it sounds VERY different from a miss. Also the crosshair in the middle flashes red for a hit. Due to the small nature of the crosshair you should always be seeing this on a hit anyway.

The only feedback issues with regards to weapons is the Flamethrower for Hyde.

I read this and I immedeatly imagined Cabot trying to snipe someone from across the map, missing, and the gun chiming in “Way to miss, douchebag…”

It would be hysterical if the voice was his partner’s voice (Bucket).