Cabot and his kit

pc

I have been meeting so many Cabot players now over the last week, what I have found really wierd is that he can hit you with the tracking dust from really far away through walls, is this how its supposed to be? Whenever I am up against Cabot, Griffin and/or Lazarus I can’t get a moments peace at all, I don’t have time to eat or evolve at all.

Cabot can shoot through objects

I know he can with his Rail Cannon but it’s the dust marking im talking about.

[quote=“Frisky, post:1, topic:99507”]
I am up against Cabot, Griffin and/or Lazarus I can’t get a moments peace at all, I don’t have time to eat or evolve at all.
[/quote]I feel your pain

[quote=“Frisky, post:1, topic:99507”]
is this how its supposed to be?
[/quote]It’s always been like that

Dust has an aoe.If you enter the aoe you will be marked.So then he can shoot your figure through wall

I run poison on him so i can shoot through walls and let it do damage until my next hit lol

But at how far a range can he use that Dust? is it unlimited?

Not sure about unlimited, but he can definitely dust you from a great distance

The Dust Marking is an orbital, like Hank’s sky missiles and the drill laser. So, it has a very far range, not unlimited, but it goes very far. It also covers a fair sized area, about half the size of the Dome. There is little warning for it from the Monster’s persective, but luckily Cabot by himself will never be able to break armor with his Railgun alone.

Just try to think of Dust Tracking as a second Gobi/Tracking Dart.

From my experience it can reach across all maps

Yes, this is how it’s supposed to work. Cabot’s dust tagging works just like Hank’s orbital bombardment. He targets an area then a second later the dust tag drops from the sky covering a fairly large area and remains suspended in the air for roughly 10 seconds. If you enter that area while the dust is in the air you are tagged.

What this means is that if a Cabot player can gain a high vantage point he can see a long way and drop the dust tag pretty much anywhere in his vision. Good Cabot players know the maps and monster feeding routes very well. At the very start of the match they will hover into the air and drop the dust tag where they think you might currently be in an attempt to tag you early.

Yes. Cabot can dust anywhere within his LoS that’s not under a roof. Constantly harassing a monster and putting pressure on them is part of his job description.