Building a new PC

Alright since my PC is out-dated since my old one went up in flames :stuck_out_tongue: i am considering about making a new one. it doesnt have to be a gaming pc. but it has to be fast and strong enough to do some decent work for example streaming.

I already have 2 Geforce GTX670 cards so i am not buying a new GPU since i already have 2. a HDD/SSD is already in my posesion to.

My budget is €500,- and curently i am on this list and done for about €420,- wich i ofcourse preffer i donth have to reach my budget.

List of components so far:

Intel Core i5-4460 Boxed 3,2 Ghz Quadcore
ASRock H81M-HDS
Cooler Master N300 (KKN1, closed)
Crucial Ballistix BLS2CP4G3D1609DS1S00CEU 8GB RAM
seasonic S12G 450W

so what do you guys think on what i can improve?

Would an i7 break the bank?

Let me take a look. with the i5 3,2 ghz i am at €420 and with the i7-3770 also a quad core and 3,4Ghz i am at €580 so yeah… it would break the bank :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

you really should just save some more money and get i7. i highly recommend it, when you want to play evolve!

I too want to build a new pc since mine sucks but I have no money xD

As said i play on xbox and not on my PC

Question for ya.

I am now running this:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3,16Ghz
4GB of Rams with a speed of 775Mhz

Will it be an significant increase in speed and a good upgrade to go to this:

Intel Core i5-4460 Boxed 3,2 Ghz Quadcore
ASRock H81M-HDS( Motherboard )
Crucial Ballistix BLS2CP4G3D1609DS1S00CEU 8GB RAM 1600Mhz speed

i guess it will be but i need some advice from sombody who can say me if its worth it or not xD

I would most definitely look into a better CPU than that. I’m running an i5-4670 overclocked to 4.0GHz and it’s already starting to feel like it’s only barely keeping up.

I think the minimum for new builds these days is an i7-4770K.

I understand that but my PC is not being made for gaming :stuck_out_tongue: i just want to use it for daily stuff and running OBS for my Capture card nothing fancy

If you’re planning to run SLI you really should consider a bigger PSU. I wouldn’t run 450W on a single-GPU system TBH, but Seasonic is a solid brand. The PSU is the very last place you want to scrimp though - if you get a cheap one and it fries, it can take the rest of your system with it.

Frankly, if you’re not building a gaming PC there’s no real reason to upgrade from what you have. You’ll get a more noticeable boost from just reinstalling your OS on an SSD. Streaming off of it is reason enough for the CPU upgrade though.

The i5s are still plenty fine though, if you’re on a strict budget then there’s no real reason to splurge on an i7 unless you’re a performance enthusiast or doing a lot of database work - no games and very little software are CPU-bound these days. The RAM upgrade will probably be the next most noticeable thing behind an SSD, but only because your current setup is so old.

If that’s the case then why do you have dual GPU? :stuck_out_tongue:

I also agree with zind, if this isn’t a gaming machine you’re building then what you have is absolutely fine for anything else you may be throwing at it on a daily basis short of hardcore video rendering.

the only parts that survived from my old PC :stuck_out_tongue: wasnt planing on running both. just 1 will be enough

@zind well yeah it will be since when i run OBS and try to chat in my stream or ETC the frame rate drops because the CPU is flooded… OBS uses 80%-85% of my CPU when streaming…

Yeah OBS rendering does use a lot of CPU, that would be reason enough for the upgrade. An i5 will still be fine for that though, any modern CPU will be able to take it like a champ. My old i7-920 worked fine with it, usually hitting 20-30% - my current i7-3770K rarely breaks 10%.

Alright thx for the information.

Comparatively you’re improving on your current set up considerably, so if ou’ve played evolve on your current set up and you’re almost ok with it, what you’re doing will bump you into a good position :slight_smile:

but really think about the i7 thing, it’s probably the only reason I can get 25-30fps on my gaming laptop with this game

What’s you GPU budget? Because you might need to up the PSU.

GPU budget is 0 since i already have 2 GPU’s that are perfectly fine and i will be using only 1 and selling the other one

Alright sweet :slight_smile: but as explained above this is not gonna be a game PC :stuck_out_tongue: i play games on my Xbox One

Oh okay. A single 660 is typically in the 450W range, and considering that you are presumably going to SLI those suckers, you should look into a bigger power supply. My EVGA 600B can pump out 600 watts and it was only 30$!

Oh man if it’s not for gaming then you’re fine mate, go with what you put together! More is nicer, always, but you won’t need it :slight_smile: