At the current state (maybe already fixed in the dev build of 9.0?) there is about 1 or 2 feeding routes per map that prove to be way more efficient than others. Most of them have Mamoth Birds, which are fast to kill and provide 3 meats per kill.
Complex ways to provide more feeding routes would be messing around with the spawns or distrubuting the meats per wildlife differently (for example +1 meat for each and +50% more meats required to evolve).
But I just came up with an relatively easy suggestions which contains: A BUFF TO MAMOTHBIRDS!!!
In short, what I have in mind, is making the 3-meat-wildlife harder to kill, while making the 1-meat-wildlife easier to kill.
Examples [Hunter bonus damage in brackets]:
1 Meat - 1 light melee or everything else
- Reaver: 140 HP [x2]-> 70 HP [x1]
- Venom Hound: 120 HP [x7] -> 60 HP [x4]
2 Meat - 2 light melee or 1 heavy or 1 ability
- Strider: 200 HP [x3] -> 150 HP [x2]
- Blitz Leopard: 400 HP [x3] -> 150 HP [x1]
- Steamadon: 200 HP [x3] -> 150 HP [x2]
3 Meat - 2 weak abilities or 1 weak ability + 1-2 melee or 1 strong ability or 2 light melee + 1 heavy
- Cephaladon: 500 HP [x3]-> 470 HP [x3]
- Mamothbird: 350 HP [x3] -> 470 HP [x4]