Broken Hill Foundry needs to be taken out of Hunt 2.0

Honestly, what is the point? No seriously, what is the point?

How am I supposed to stage up in a map that takes just less than 30 seconds to get from one side of the map to the other?

Jack can scan half the map with his survey satellite.

Sunny can boost them to reach the monster in 10 seconds.

And the map terrain and layout? Omg its the shittest map I’ve ever seen. It is completely hunter favoured and is chosen 4/10 times that I play a game. It’s fucking stupid and should be removed from Hunt 2.0 immediately.

And don’t even start about the feeding routes. I jump down to the Mammoth birds and guess what I see?

A single canyon strider.

It’s so stupid. I’m done with playing as monster unless this is removed.

And no don’t tag the Leaders to move this because I want actual opinions on this stupid map.

agree 100% :smiley:

Seriously, no one from my friends like this maps.atleast not foundry

Might wanna tone the language down a bit if you want it to be a discussion, I was gonna move this to the rant thread had it not been for me reading the entire thing.

I don’t like this map, and I don’t even play monster that much anymore. It is way to small I can understand monsters not liking playing on this map. I really don’t know anyone who likes it.

Thanks for editing, Jev. We’re all for discussion, but you need to make sure you’re open to alternative view points. :+1:

I will agree though, this map could use some changes, but only slight ones. The key to this map is using lots of vertical movement, as monsters can go up more effectively than hunters, leaving them to either

1. Burn a ton of fuel catching you.
    Or
  2. Go underneath you, giving you a chance to double back easily.
    Or
  3. Do a 2-2 split either way, leaving you a chance to capitalize on their split.

Still a solid 4/10 map tho >.>

Take the broken maps out!!!

See what I did there lolol

Didn’t we just do this thread guys?

And let’s make sure this one doesn’t go down the same path.

Less raging, more discussion.

I have always liked the Broken Ish maps

Some of us take adversity as a challenge and not a detriment to game play experience

The maps are hard on both monster and hunter sides… And it brings a nice claustrophobic feel to alot of matches that greatly benefits monsters like Behemoth and Goliath

Changes are needed sure, but I hate when people bring their tears and subjective demands to the forums and expect to get actual CONTENT removed from the game all because…

“I dont like it!!!”

So what bro? Just quit the match,find another and get on with your life… Or instead of firing empty threats of leaving the community/product… Actually take a break and come back when you here what you don’t like is fixed

Just my 2 cents

A reminder then:

It’s a pretty good monster map too.
A lot of obstacles block LoS which is very good if you want to avoid fighting in a dome.
Large part of the map having more levels also makes it a good sneaking map.

Honestly, it’s just that it’s too different from the other ones that everyone have to adapt and people don’t like it.
However, I would like it out too because it promotes a very bad gameplay: Either it end with the monster being chased and chased until it gives up or die from chip damage or it’s a stage 3, full health fight.

OMG just take Bob and its GG. At least often for me. Silver Elite…

Let me guess, you just lost a match on that map?

Try to use the many buildings, corners, whatever to juke the hunters. Go up, down, left right. When you would run in a straight line on any other map to cover distance, you do the opposite on BH Foundry. Jacks sattelite has a cooldown. Abes tracking dart has a timer, Daisy is being Daisy… It is possible to get away.

Then evolve somewhere with many different levels, like in the building below the relay. Or somewhere with enough food and some loops, so you might actually fight.

I’ll do it anyway. You said you jumped down. Do you mean in that big open area right next to where you spawn? Yes, there are mammoth birds later in the game, but no, this is not a good place to be at all. I’ll avoid that area as much as I can. The hunters can always see you there and can throw a good dome. You should rather go through the relay building and find the other mammoth bird area. It’s far anough from the dropship so they actually spawn and you can almost get your evolve meter full before the hunters catch up. If they dome you there, you got many loops and a dune beetle to help you out :wink:

I agree, BH Foundry isn't the best map, but still, instead of just complaining or even giving up, I'd much rather look for counter tactics and strategies to use to my advantage :sunny:

Monsters hate it because it’s hard to run.
Hunters hate it because it’s hard to fight.

Would it be possible to scale trapper tools to map proportions? Griff and Jack would be the main targets here since their tracking measures pretty much DO cover the entire map. This could also go the same way for the way bigger maps where Griff especially suffers with only 3 sound spikes.

You need to up your game knowledge.

There’s boxes in the warehouses and in the city district that have food in them. I wouldn’t go after canyon stryders, I would go after mammoth birds on the map first, then feed off whatever is left.

Chasing a monster on Foundry is a giant pain because of the crazy verticality.

It’s probably a little too late for these polls but it might be good to try it anyway.
Please answer honestly and don’t vote for classes you don’t play frequently.

###Goliath

• As Goliath, I find Foundry to be a Hunter-favored map.
  • As Goliath, I find Foundry to be a Monster-favored map.

0 voters

###Kraken

• As Kraken, I find Foundry to be a Hunter-favored map.
  • As Kraken, I find Foundry to be a Monster-favored map.

0 voters

###Wraith

• As Wraith, I find Foundry to be a Hunter-favored map.
  • As Wraith, I find Foundry to be a Monster-favored map.

0 voters

###Behemoth

• As Behemoth, I find Foundry to be a Hunter-favored map.
  • As Behemoth, I find Foundry to be a Monster-favored map.

0 voters

###Gorgon

• As Gorgon, I find Foundry to be a Hunter-favored map.
  • As Gorgon, I find Foundry to be a Monster-favored map.

0 voters

###Trapper

• As Trapper specifically, I find Foundry to be a Hunter-favored map.
  • As Trapper specifically, I find Foundry to be a Monster-favored map.
  • Depends on the Trapper.

0 voters

###Other Hunters

• As Medic, Support or Assault, I find Foundry to be a Hunter-favored map.
  • As Medic, Support or Assault, I find Foundry to be a Monster-favored map.

0 voters

• I like trains.
  • I like boats.

0 voters

Yep. Just won a ranked match on there and per usual hunters were on my ass the entire time. It’s just way too small. Though, if the hunters don’t pick the Sunny crutch, it’s very easy to force a fight indoors and use the verticality to your advantage.

I want to vote for balanced on some of these polls…