Bought a new computer. Can I run the game, help!?!?

Ok so I couldnt play the early alpha coz my laptop didnt have DX11 so i went and bought a new PC and i wanna know if i can run it on there, i heard if i can run crysis 3 then it should work fine but I have no idea if I can or not, it came up with like an alert saying my CPU speed is not of minimum requirements for the Advanced Warfare (COD) free weekly on steam today and AW is kinda like Crysis? In terms of system expectations i guess? so im really unsure. Im not too good with computers so please help.

CPU Speed: 4 GHz
Motherboard - MSI Z87-G55, Intel Z87 Chipset Overclockable
Processor - Intel Pentium K Anniversary G3258, Overclocked to 4GHz
CPU Cooler - Coolermaster Blizzard T2
Memory - 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600MHz RAM
Graphics Card - 2GB EVGA GTX 750TI Superclock
System Drive - 1TB Toshiba 7200rpm HDD

Idk if you guys need any more info but if you do let me know ill get back to you soon.

They have not released any specifications yet, but you could test it during the alpha IF pc has it.

There are a few threads related to this already. However, you could lookup the specs of the Big Alpha and if you can meet those you are almost guaranteed to run it on release. Whenever I see posts like these I think people just want to ‘tote’ their computer out on display :stuck_out_tongue:

But would i have been able to run the alpha? If i could have managed it “ok” maybe I would be able to run the actual game fine too?

The alpha had perfomance issues but i think you should be able to play evolve, don’t know a lot about this stuff tho :slight_smile:

You see, like i mentioned Im bad with computers, so when it says something like "GTX “blah blah blah” or better, idk what “better” is, so thats why im here for help, and i personally dont think my computer is anything to brag about, it just came today and I havent been able to actually judge it. :frowning:

Short answer, you are a good chunk above the min. requirements :slight_smile: And no worries, I’m not saying you are/aren’t toting your computer, I just always think that :stuck_out_tongue: I’m also assuming you only have 1 TI, you have 2 listed in the main post.

For further info, here are the requirements.

MINIMUM SPECS

CPU:
Intel Pentium D 3GHz or higher
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 6400 2.4 GHz or higher
RAM: 4GB
GPU:
AMD Radeon 5770 or higher
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 or higher
HDD: 15GB Install

Your graphics card is 2 series above the 500s. You have double the ram, and your processor is about 35-40% ish better. So you should be good to go. :slight_smile:

Ye my bad sorry, these are the reccommended;

Recommended Specs:

CPU:

Intel Core i7 920 2.67GHz or higher
AMD A8-3870 3GHz or higher
RAM:

6GB RAM
GPU:

AMD Radeon R9 280 or higher
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or higher
HDD:

15GB Install

Windows 7 64-bit

Just guessing from numbers, i am good with the reccomeneded too? Only thing is, i have windows 8.1, is that gonna be ok? :s

It worked on windows 8 for me, last few hours it updated to 8.1 and i could still play ( for 20 min :confused: )

I personally think windows 8 is a pile of steaming cow dung, but yes, everything on your end looks good. :slight_smile:

Thanks man! I feel safe pre-ordering it now :slight_smile: and ye btw, i much prefer windows 7, but like i said, new computer, im not good with computers, so i dont wanna screw with any pre-built stuff yet.

Thanks again guys! Problem solved :blush:

You’ll be fine with the game. I suggest you run it at medium settings at the very most, or low if you want the smoothest experience possible.

I’m used to playing games on low res because of my laptop, but im more interested in the gameplay to be honest :smile: so low graphics wont be a hassle unless they hinder the game greatly.

The game actually looks great on low settings (no joke), the only thing you’ll notice is some of the textures being dodgy, but you barely notice it.

I ran low during the Alpha and it didn’t bug me at all even though my set up is decent.

@Ali1911 I have your same graphics card and will say the Big Alpha ran smooth as butter for me. Also I have the min. Intel Core i7 920 2.67GHz, and just 6Gigs of ram, Win 7 64. I ran on low settings but I was so happy with the Big Alpha results I don’t feel a need to upgrade further.

You should be able to run on low settings at 1080p or 720p for a decent frame rate. (Above 30fps)

I had a similar CPU and GPU and RAM and I had to run the game on low at 1080p. I got 45 FPS average during the Alpha.

8GB of RAM is good.

My CPU was the AMD Phenom II X4 820. As you can see on this chart, the Phenom II X4 810 (only 100 MHZ less then the 820 ) is on the same level as your CPU.

And my graphics card is the GTX 660, yours is only 1 tier lower.

Like other people have said, even on low this game looks great.

If you plan on upgrading your graphics card in the future though, that CPU will be a bottleneck, so consider changing that out if you plan to upgrade your graphics card.

Would you reccommend me running the game on low graphics? And will it make a huge difference from medium to low graphics in-game? (Performance wise)

I’m sure you can run decently on High tbh. The Alpha was also not super optimized so I’m sure it will only get better.

I’ll be honest, I didn’t try the medium in the Big Alpha but plan to during the beta to test that. The Beta should be better optimized than the Alpha was. I tried on high during the alpha but it was unplayable due to lag…however, even some higher end systems than mine couldn’t test out the high settings for that reason so I chalk that up to Big Alpha-ness and will need further testing. Almost everyone was running on low settings for the alpha and everyone was very pleased with the graphics at that level. I believe the card will run well on medium. It may suffer frame rate issues or lag on high…but might not, depending on the final released game optimizations.

I recommend trying the game on Low first, then after a couple games, switch to Medium and see if you see a major graphical difference, and go from there. It’s gorgeous even at Low. I had NO issues with frame rate.