Black Screen When Starting Evolve

Yesterday I played Evolve stage 2 and everything worked fine but today when ever I try and start the game, there is only a black screen. I can still hear the music and sounds but theres just a black screen. I tried redownloading the game but that didnt work. I searched the forums and it said that I should try and delete some folder from the Steam install folder but I could not find the Steam folder so I could not do that. Help would be very much appreciated! :slight_smile:

Delete your user data, see instructions here

Then, also avoid optimizing the game using Geforce Experience.

Hope this works :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve been having this problem as well :smiley:

1 Like

I’m…all good

3 Likes
2 Likes

Thx! :slight_smile: I will try this and update yall later

1 Like

Before I try this will this delete my progress in stage 2?

Don’t worry, it shouldn’t delete your progress

2 Likes

Thank you so much! it worked! :grinning:

4 Likes

I usually get a black screen when my resolution is set to something other than native. Alt-tabbing after the music plays usually fixes the issue c: in case it happens again.

1 Like

All it did was reset all the options for me

1 Like

I’ve been getting this. I cntrl + alt + del, select task manager, it kicks me out to the desktop, I click the Evovle tab, and then it load fine.

1 Like

I do Control Alt Delete and then cancel as fast as I can so I don’t get kicked out, load up and it’s fine. But would love to have a different alternative

1 Like

You might have to fiddle with some of the graphic settings to see what works best.
Also, if you do have Nvidia Gefore Experience running on the background, make sure to disable it.

1 Like