Black screen help

Its up to date. :S

bump? i guess? :S

EDIT: just re-read your first post. If you are getting the blue screen of death something might be messed up on your system. Go to the C:\WINDOWS\Minidump. Upload the most recent file somewhere for us to look at

For everyone else here: the 0x00000101 is a BSOD(Blue Screen Of Death) error in which “an expected clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor in an MP system within the allocated interval”. So in short, something caused the processor to hang past a safe limit. It can be caused by many different things. There should be a dump file in the root of the hard drive that has windows installed. From that we can tell what caused the error

1 Like

btw i dont actually get blue screens that often now. it just reboots my pc. and i just want to say that i was really hyped for this game and haven’t got a chance to play for even a singular minute

What version of windows.
From the dump i think its 10 but want to make sure

i stated that in a previous post but its win7 64 bit

anything overlocked?
any RAID drives?

i dont think so. :S how do i check that?

Most likely you don’t if you don’t know. However further looking into the .dmp the error isn’t 0x00000101 rather 0x00000124. 0x00000124 indicates hardware failure. Does this only happen while you try to play evolve?

1 Like

yes this only happens in evolve. only when i start evolve.

ok make sure that all your drivers are updated

they are up to date

@ArPharazon help? anyone?

Please check this new Self-Help topic!

1 Like

@TheMountainThatRoars ok so as much as i figured from that post. its not your guys fault that more than 30% of your community can’t even start the game and that its our fault while other games go smooth with more than 100 fps. i understand that you are trying to help and everything but people are in desperate need of a fix or als this will be a worse situation than the one with the dlcs. just saying. :S I really want to play the game but nothing helps and i have the same problems as everyone als in the steam discussions :S

Agreed with @fox_news and @TheMountainThatRoars, try the self help topic and go down the list. Typically a game shouldn’t be able to bluescreen your computer, that’s something that happens in hardware or drivers usually. I mean, I’ve crashed my own game during development thousands of times, but never a BSOD. Try those steps, focus especially on Windows Update, DirectX, and drivers (although I know you already said they’re current).

1 Like

can you give me any other suggestions i guess? I got up to date drivers. i updated directx and the vcredist thing. i tried everything. cleared cache. i really don’t know what to do anymore. :confused: @ArPharazon

Check for overheating on CPU or graphics card, maybe… Dunno if there are any kind of hardware diagnostics you can run?

i tried the stress test. i dont know should i try running speccy and looking what happens when i run the game? i even tried putting -fullscreen in to steam launch options to try. i dont really know. and cpu isn’t fully used when i run the game its usually like 40% maybe less.