Best Free Antivirus and PC Optimizer/Cleaner?

I’ve had my new PC for a while but I haven’t gotten any software for optimization or protection, what are the best free ones out there that y’all recommend?

Which PC is a Better Choice?

I like malawarebytes
https://www.malwarebytes.org/lp/sem/?sfc=sem-gs_b_us_en&gclid=CjwKEAiAuea1BRCbn-2n7PbLgEMSJAABQvTTdKCOoSqXCuLB9luvCcEEDAJeL1xdcp7dAzIwwPGTHhoC9Lfw_wcB
There’s a free and paid version

Ninja’d lol, I was just about to suggest that.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download

Agreed, I bought MalwareBytes forever ago when they just started and I have never had an issue since. It’s awesome.

Well, you know… Either your antivirus detects everything or it doesnt detect anything :stuck_out_tongue:

I said I never had an issue, not that it never found anything. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My family is obssessed with computer security and antivirus. I run the following free programs:

AVG Free - good active protection with the ability to scan for rootkits and self update/scan
Malwarebytes free - you have to update and run it yourself, but it detects a lot of nasty stuff most free programs miss
Spywareblaster - A passive shield that prevents known sources of spyware and malware from downloading to your system
Malwarebytes antiexploit - just like spywareblaster, but covers some of the things it can miss
CCleaner - great little program that removes temporary files. Makes the computer run faster and deletes some viruses before they can even take root.

I used to also run the old Spybot Search and Destroy, but it is not compatible with the most recent windows 10 update.

Ooo I love Spy Bot Search & Destroy, I use it when I’m trying to be very thorough.

I really like Malwarebytes, always picking things up. Though it seems to be a little obsessed with my skype and blocking IP’s from it, which can be a bit annoying but I can’t be bothered to change it in the settings. But yeah.
Malwarebytes gud.

I used to recommend this to a lot of people for a long time. It’s fairly up to date, non intrusive and gets a good amount of things as it’s constantly updated on the back end.

For anti-virus, I use Avast!

My malware fighter, booster, systemcare, defragger, and uninstaller are all from IObit

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.