Battle Cabot

It’s been a whole day and no one has said that he’s OP! This must mean that he’s UP right?

1 Like

Maybe a little…

1 Like

Animated. :no_mouth: Holly fuck!

I won agaisnt a team with Bcabot. They didn’t pose any threat, and I tested him in custom, he seems really hard to play with.

I personally think his balance is something like this:

http://nonamescriptware.neveudesign.com/wp-content/uploads/trashcan.png

But that’s just my personal opinion. I look forward to potential buffs.

2 Likes

He deals a good amount of damage, and you can propel yourself forward with solar blast (best thing about him imo), that’s about it.

1 Like

Hard to play at full efficiency (which is just reflex and accuracy, pure shooter), and even with that not too strong imo, I don’t think he put enought on the table to justify a pick over anyone else beside the fun factor. Quantum Support in a way.

But just a few days since his release, I don’t know, if one day I get good with him, I will change my mind.

The Spore/Invisible cloud is a tricky one when you play against it, Spore Cloud is Dead, Hail to Spore Cloud. But it only last a few seconds and have a long cooldown so that balance the thing.

I like him decently. I’ve played him twice only though, so I couldn’t say much. From what I’ve seen though, he feels decently balanced.

The main problem with him is his lack of, well, support which makes him only barely better than kala. Here are my proposed changes:

Photon Cannon: Faster fire rate

Solar Bomb: Increase the radius. It’s to easy for the monster to simply sidestep it.

Shield Blast: Make it give more shields than a regular shield burst, or possibly a jetpack boost so that it has a bonus for needing skill to aim.

Orbital concealement: When a hunter enters the zone, all DOT on them is canceled. If a second or maybe two goes by without them taking anymore damage, they are cloaked. While cloaked, hunters rapidly gain a shield that begins decaying quickly while they’re uncloaked.

Eh, I play him as he’s advertised; long range support. The zoom on right click is fantastic for him.

Still, I DO feel like he will quickly become a “Just for fun” pick, as I often find myself thinking “Man, I should have gone X”

Still fun though, if anything.

Moved topic to hunters category

1 Like

I think he is balanced he just has the biggest skill cap known to man which is fine in my books why shouldn’t a hunter require skill to play

1 Like

I think he’s balanced, however his self-sustainability feels bad if he’s the one focused. Plus he cannot work with Blitz, or a non-Papa medic. Best with Papa. I thought he would be good with Laz, but his skillshot HB is very unreliable. Plus… Behemoth is still a thing.

I’d say maybe make it a field that stays up for 5-10 seconds so a player can run through it to get shields, and either make the radius bigger or the shield stronger.

I’ve found him rather unimpressive on both sides.
Orbital concealment is rather useless as no one really stops shooting/healing and shield thingy has a high skill requirement that also relies on predicting your teams moves and jp charge during focus, ie if they have jp they will probably boost away.
The solar blast is again, disappointing in damage as it looks awesome, then turns into an easily tankable 300 damage and if your at a stage that it’s a threat a few steps and it misses.
I feel he might just have an incredible skill floor beyond most skill ceilings and I’m yet to touch that or come up against anyone who has.

1 Like

The solar blast on it’s own in isolation is poor damage, but with a reload perk ( which you should be taking with him) you can easily be dropping one of these very regularly. I believe it’s easy to be getting 6 or 8 of them in a dome and so that is with accuracy a good 2k of damage. You just have to play the blast like Torvalds mortars. His rail canon is great for consistent damage too.

I see him as similar in his use to cabot, just with a focus on consistent damage himself with skill, rather than burst damage based on communication with assault. This probably makes him weaker as the threat isn’t as ever present

1 Like

Perhaps buff solar blast damage?

I don’t think it’s necessary. I’m not sure of how much damage supports are meant to be dealing, but having a quick fire 300 damage shot in your arsenal in the middle of peppering a monster with (IIRC) 40 damage per shot rail cannon blasts is nothing to be sniffed at in a dome by dome situation.

In the games I’ve played I feel that the solar blast can be fired less than every 10 seconds, and with domes lasting generally just over the minute mark you can get yourself a nice wedge of damage that way.

I’ll check later what kind of damage I’m dealing with him and report back, however I think his individual damage amounts feel small but they add up fast.

I agree that he does good damage, but the main problem with him is the fact that his support tools are, well, pretty crappy to be honest. Right now he just feels like a second, but mediocre assault.[quote=“GLaDOSauR, post:9, topic:104563”]
Photon Cannon: Faster fire rate

Solar Bomb: Increase the radius. It’s to easy for the monster to simply sidestep it.

Shield Blast: Make it give more shields than a regular shield burst, or possibly a jetpack boost so that it has a bonus for needing skill to aim.

Orbital concealement: When a hunter enters the zone, all DOT on them is canceled. If a second or maybe two goes by without them taking anymore damage, they are cloaked. While cloaked, hunters rapidly gain a shield that begins decaying quickly while they’re uncloaked.
[/quote]

Here were my suggestions to improve him in pretty much every way. But I think that the only ones that are REALLY needed are the ones for the cloak and the shield blast.

2 Likes

I think the only thing I would do with him is reduce his class cooldown time and see how that goes. Because he has no burst threat he needs to help the team sustain a bit better than cabot does (see bucket) I think the argument is that his cloak should make up the difference but I don’t believe that it will for experienced players.

But his other kit is fine imo.

1 Like

Even the cloak? Currently I barely even notice its effects. It just…doesn’t have much utility :\