Avengers: Endgame - Discussion (Warning here be spoilers)

Let’s be good people and keep all discussion in this topic for the next couple of weeks.

What did you think?

Personally, it was the first movie that I felt overwhelmed (with emotion?) while watching.

I loved it.

4 Likes

That’s America’s ass.

9 Likes

That is America’s ass.

5 Likes

Hail Hydra.

5 Likes

Watched it a few hours ago. Ending is super predictable, but other than that I really enjoyed it.

It’s great. I know a lot of people are angry about Tony’s death/Cap’s retirement but I thought it was perfect endings for both of them.

2 Likes

Cap’s retirement sort of shocked me for a second because it was so sudden. I knew they were going to find away to get rid of him and to not have to include him in future installments, but last we saw of him he was dead-set on fixing the universe, so I was a little confused at first when he came back and the mood had shifted from a cold, practical one to a soft and squishy one… Gotta admit that I didn’t really feel much of his feelings for Peggy in the last couple of films but it was, of course, very prevalent in this film.

2 Likes

Me: Wants to look through the End Game thread

Me: Doesn't want spoilers

Me: Will be seeing it tomorrow

Me: “Fuck it”

Me: Reads through it anyway

Me: “God damn it, Loren. Why do you do these things to yourself?

1 Like

Ctrl + z

1 Like

God damn it, Loren. Why do you do these things to yourself?

2 Likes

I thought seeing Harley was a nice touch.

5 Likes

what started as a single tear…

Turned into Full Ugly crying…

Being a Dad really makes movies suck sometimes…

4 Likes

Got it. I’ll be bringing, like, 20 of those little packs of tissues lmao

2 Likes

Marvel earned this, they get to have this fan service. So much yes

1 Like

Yeah, I had no idea who tf that was at first. But it’s cool that they thought to put him in.

2 Likes

I have never felt so many goosebumps, that war at the ending, I will definitely watch this movie again.

1 Like

It’s pretty rare when a movie actually makes me tearful, but goddammit this one did!

2 Likes

Peter’s death and Tony’s reaction in Infinity War made me shed a tear, but Tony’s death and Peter’s reaction made it so much worse :sob:

Also HOW DARE THEY KILL HER I WILL RIOT

There were points during that battle that I was almost hyperventilating. I’ve never felt that way in a theater before.

And I had my son on my lap and my daughter next to me so the end hit me really hard.

1 Like

The set the idea early in the movie that he was going to go back to the girl he loved.

The only thing I didn’t personally like in the movie was the Hulk. That was just weird. Also wasn’t a fan of fat Thor. I mean it was funny but it felt more like a parody than something that should have been in the movie.