Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra Discussion Thread

Avatar. What can be said about it? An anime created by Nickelodeon filled with fun characters, exciting fights, a solid plot device and progression, extensive lore, and bending. The ability to control one of the four basic elements of nature; Water, Earth, Fire, Air.
The Avatar has the ability to control all four elements, and is the peace keeper in this world.
This thread is dedicated to these amazing series, and shall be used for discussing characters, lore, fan art, and anything else Avatar.
The movie shall not be mentioned. It’s evil must not be acknowledge, as it only grows stronger.
(Toph is the best)

Basically it’s an anime. Has the same style. Do you think that’s a bad thing?

Loved avatar.

After season 2 of korra I couldn’t deal. Season 2 was so good then it starts back to the old formula of korra being a whiny teenage brat again as if she had almost no development.

ech.

Korra was ok, just don’t like the beginning to the seasons.

Well i can’t argue with you when you say it is basically an anime, but it bothers me greatly when people refer to an american cartoon as an anime because that is not the correct name for it.

Avatar: The Last Airbender is the best animated series of all time.
Korra is good to but no where near the original.

Like @Trollogrefey said, Korra keep getting reset to an annoying, narrow visioned whiner after every season, which sucks. Every other aspect of that show is great except for specifically her character growth.

#THANK GOD SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME FINALLY

jeebus…

I like it, and Season 2 was AMAZING but ffs the start of every season is so annoying and cringeworthy.

I loved Avatar: The Last Airbender to death and grew up with the show, but Korra…was not good IMO. I honestly gave up after the first season because it didn’t hook me like the original and it was a real shame too.

Watch season 2 at least, the ending is really good and the story is really good in it.

just be patient with the irst half of it. it’s annoying but the last half is cool.

Sounds like so much work though… and i am not one to do work

What movie?

The avatar last airbender movie done by M. Knight Shamylan.

M. Knight Shamylan never made an Avatar movie. I think you watched the one about the blue alien furries while high.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE YOU JUST LET THE DEMON THROUGH!

Quick some one exorcise it before it spreads!

Ohhh that’s what you’re doin.

I’m dum and slw. RIP

cough @avatarkorrazula cough

I loved the original series. Toph is the best character. Never got around to Legend of Korra.

Also, beginning the exorcism of Emily Rose the metion of that movie.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! Oh no, it’s happening…

RUN FIR YOUR LIVES! ITS AWEFUL CGI AND ACTING! THE HORROR

What are you talking about? The franchise has used very little CGI and its acting is impeccable.[quote=“TrickshotMcgee, post:18, topic:82974”]
Also, beginning the exorcism of Emily Rose the metion of that movie.
[/quote]

Why does everyone think there’s an Avatar movie? And who the fuck is Emily Rose?