Assault: most reliable damage?

Avoiding any talk of op-ness or what not, who do people find to have the most reliable dps? Torvald has great burst, but against a mobile monster I find he can be pretty worthless. You have to be either a) lucky or b) REALLY good at predicting where the monsters going to be. Personally I’m finding my old favourite hyde to have more reliable, if a bit slower, damage. Just wondering if anyone else has different opinions, or if I just suck at aiming va the kraken/wraith.

I feel Hyde/Markov are the most consistent. In general, Hyde is slightly less consistent than Markov, but not by too much barring Kraken play.

The most reliable dps is markov hands down, no matter what monster they are. That lightning gun will always do consistent damage.

Hyde IMO only because Markov’s lightning gun doesn’t do any residual damage compared to the flamethrower. Plus if you get a monster in the gas cloud + hit him with the flamethrower = Holy Cow DPS

1- Torvald, 2- Parnell, 3- Hyde, 4- Markov.

That’s the order I take them. Who’s more reliable? Maddcow would know better. I just know what I tend to do best on. I pull out more numbers with that order.

Markov
Torvald
Parnell
Hyde
That’s my order ^.^

The question was the most reliable, not the most amount. Markov is pretty consistent and steady compared to Hyde who increases/decreases based on position more than Markov.

Markov feels much to weak to me. His mines are no longer efficient enough for my tastes, his lightning gun is too short a range; and you need points for his assault rifle to work efficiently. That’s why I choose every assault above him. But that’s my personal taste, and I tend to pull out more numbers with the others than I do him.

I’m a Markov fan I can’t help it ^.^ lol

I think Hyde is best. His flame thower melts face… and I’m not just saying that because it’s a thing. I had the most (and only) fun as Hyde as assault. I hate the class, and parnell… IMO is horrible. Haven’t unlocked Torvald yet.

Also, his chaingun is very useful too. Great for running down wounded monsters.

These stats were taken from the Telemetry and Game Balance thread, all info came from MacMan.

He is efficient, but his damage tends to be low; does it not?

Markov is 3rd choice for Assault, only above Parnell. Meaning not many people like playing him. He also has the lowest win rate out of the assault, at level 40.

He is also the lowest damage assault overall now.

If you have skill, and aim; go Parnell. He tends to be best. If you want it to be easier on you, go Markov. You won’t get best numbers, but he is easier to play. Want to keep tagging? Go Hyde. Want to have high burst/control? Go Torvald.

The OP was asking for most reliable, not the ‘best’. Again, Markov is the most consistent.

The way I see Assault:

Most fun:

Hyde
Torvald
Markov
Parnell

Most reliable:

Markov
Hyde
Torvald
Parnell

Win/Loss:

Markov (4.11)
Torvald (2.78)
Hyde (1.56)
Parnell (1)

Hasn’t Markov always been the weaker of them? Or was Hyde pre buff?

Varies from player to player.
If you have good aiming, Parnell will be reliable as hell and a true terror.
If you have top of the line prediction skills and are more comfortable not being thrown around, Torvald will be able to rain death down.
Dont have the best aim but can do well with protection purposes? Markov is fully reliable, AR and LG are practically 100% accurate.
Are you an absolute terror, capable of staying directly underneath a monster at all times, love the feeling of hot blood raining down as you tear into your prey?
Hyde is going to be best for that situation.
Technically Markov is most reliable, but if you cant place mines in good places, he’ll falter. Its all a matter of player.

Arch mine master here :smile: sad about the Nerf but o well

Markov has been the same lately. But his mines lost their use, so people no longer want to play him anymore. He has consistent damage, but it’s low.

Those stats were taken from the Telemetry and Game Balance thread, all info came from MacMan.

Personally I think Torvald is extremely consistent considering he has little down-time and fewer “low DPS” scenarios. You fire your mortars and then you throw a frag and shoot the shotgun before the mortars even land, then you switch to mortars, fire again, etc.

He has little downtime and that evens out with extremely consistent DPS in my experience.

Aww dont worry, his mines still scare me when theyre placed on edges out of reach of my fire breath and the medic is right there, so I have to eat like 3 of your little pizzas just to get to her >_>
Drives me nuts.

No yeah I still think Markov is great, I still get great mine damage.