Are the signs of the monster too obvious?

Do we really need glowing footprints, the sign of Carrion Birds and the Map to find the monster (srsly Griffin needs the map cause he have no clue how huge the radius of his soundspikes are)? Actually I am thinking that the moest signs of monsters are too obviously. I prefere the sounds and realistic signs much more than highlited stuff (like levers in other games).

While it’d be nice to have a more realistic feel to actually tracking the Monster with footprints this would be bad because then EVERY Trapper would take Daisy (with her built-in Monster GPS Device) since looking for footprints (sometimes not even that with Wraith) would be near impossible to keep track of because of vegetation and dark maps and areas.

I’m all for making things easier on Monsters but this would seem pretty bad. Besides, we’re in the future so everything’s highlighted… even your crap in the toilet.

I think without footprints it would be impossible to find some monster players early on. Besides, they can be used to the monsters advantage (leaving false tracks for example).

Carrion birds are there so monster cannot hide all game. At some point they are guaranteed to attract birds. Imagine how boring the game would be without any sign of the monster for the whole game.

I use the map to see where I can cut the monster off and to see where I am in relative to my team without having to turn around, thus slowing me down.

Without all of these the game would be boring, especially for pubs. This of course is my opinion and I am in no way saying you are wrong. Just that I disagree with your suggestion. :wink:

Monsters dont need a map too. Mapknowledge should be quiet important, for monsters and man. Its not that difficult to manage playing against Daisy. She is like a big compass, not more and not less.

Carrion birds are making a loud noise and you can see them flying and mapknowladge will increase after playing some games without any map. Just think about the feeding routes of monsters. Well the footprints should be a bit obvious and I like leaving obvious tracks, but that glowing is a bit over the top. Just want to get trappers finding tracks of monsters and monsters hiding and juking the hunters, like mentaly outplaying each other.

People would complain that it would be too hard to track the monster like this. As much as I hate carrion birds, they’re here to stay.

Carrion birds will not disapear at all. They are still flying in sircles around the place the monster scared them. Its not that difficult to find the monster out of the sound of footsteps and sniffing, out of distroyed surfaces and korpses (dont get me wrong it needs some skill). The tracking tool could get 50% of finding the monster and the other 50% could be the skill to read signs.

I sort of agree with that, however the game has a pretty steep learning curve as it is so making it more difficult to track the monster wouldn’t help. A lot of people would start playing, realise it’s too difficult as a hunter, call monsters op and quit playing.

It’s fine for the most part for the people who are already familiar with the game (feeding routes, map knowledge etc) and who use headsets, but for those who are new or don’t use headsets it would become too difficult/frustrating.

If we had the player base I think a hardcore mode like this would be awesome, but I’m afraid we don’t. :confused:

[quote=“Jedi_Warrior, post:8, topic:75184”]
It’s fine for the most part for the people who are already familiar with the game (feeding routes, map knowledge etc) and who use headsets, but for those who are new or don’t use headsets it would become too difficult/frustrating.
[/quote]This could be changeable in the visual-options. Like a guide for new players. The only question is how long this version should be viable (the map is quiet fortune). Im thinking that competitive players will not suffer that much out of those changes.
Edit: The steep learning curve is to learn teamplay and thats the real challenge. I agree. The game should just be as difficult as players want the game to be.

I would like it if we had some kind of hardcore mode for evolve. It wouldnt have any hud, and footprints wouldnt glow. You would have to rely on every little detail to win. It would be interesting deciding a monsters health just by its appearance.

I think this would be really good for a hardcore setting you could vote on in game or turn on in custom with friends.

Like spotters, broken environment? I’d rather if birds still appeared just without the big HUD indicator

It’s not going to happen.

The problem is that there is no way to balance that in any direction other than monster favored. Not much you can do to logically apply the same drawbacks to the monster.

It would be a very niche game mode, and that is really the all of it. At the very least I feel there are better things for the devs to be spending time on.

The monsters wouldnt really be OP. No hud means no health bars. Thats pretty much a constant spore cloud, except for the fact that sniffing might show their outlines.

The health bar is one of the smaller parts of what a spore cloud can do.

The main purpose is impairing the monster’s ability to smell, which according to a lot of monsters feels like being blind anyway.

The health bar thing is still pretty huge. You have no way of knowing how long until theydie, so you dont know when to stop fighting, or who to start fighting. Overall, this would probably be hunter favoured if anything.

Actually. If there’s no HUD, you wouldn’t know if your partners got attacked by wildlife or are currently being pounced on by the monster.

8D I change my mind.

Have you had any good experience playing this game? You seem like were not even playing the same game. All of the things you listed are in no way uneccesary.

[quote=“DarkMesa, post:16, topic:75184”]
impairing the monster’s ability to smell, which according to a lot of monsters feels like being blind anyway.
[/quote] truer words have never been spoken.

as for the whole idea, i dont mean to shit on your parade, but the whole idea is bad. Evolve would lose players and the whole goal is to get more with its current player base.

I as a competitive player (im not on ESL or anything, i just do community tourneys) can pretty much find the monster relatively fast with known, predictable an unpredictable feeding routes, however, the use of the highlighted footprints is to help find the monster. if the monster didnt want to be found (and with my play style as monster is very possible) they can sneak from the start and you have your no footprint solution.