Anyone ever quit as monster from too much tension?

Have you ever quite as the monster, not due to real world commitments or rage but because it’s so tense you couldn’t take it?

No lol. Def not. I live for the tension.

That’s pretty damn silly. I’ve had some real tense moments, but not enough to where I just couldn’t handle it.

This is getting close to why I typically don’t play Monster too much, or when I do it tends to only be one or two matches and then I’m out. When I play Monster my adrenaline instantly goes up and after a bit I’ve had enough. I can play Trapper all day without it being too much, even when it’s tense, but something about playing Monster gets me nuts.

I too get tense. But then I sing a happy little song and see that the hunters are throwing flowers at me as I frolic in the fields, wildlife jumping into my mouth. I eventually grow big enough to give all the hunters a big hug. Though sometimes they’ll tire me out and I’ll fall down into flowers for a nice nap.

Find your happy place. And don’t stress. It’s only a game

I have definitely felt like quitting from all the tension, but like others have said, that’s what makes this game so great.

I have a rule : no quit.
I played Goliath 95% of the time and will until I reach level 40.
125win 91loss.
That means tension… a lot…
I still cannot go above 58% wins and when I see the leaderboard, with people having 0 or 1 loss for 140wins, I seriously doubt they never left the game before a loss…
If there was no tension… I wouldn’t play the game!

Oh definitely! That makes it really memorable, it’s just so epic because you really have to be careful, you can’t just think “Well I will respawn two seconds later”.

I literally start shaking playing as monster…but I am forcing myself to play it more so it’s getting a little better every time. I took on 2 evacs. as monster VS pubs yesterday for the first time. My only problem is that I suck so bad I don’t think I provide a good enough game for the hunters, so sometimes I will back out after the match ends because I think they deserve a better challenge (although I don’t back out of a full evac. and I too have the rule of never quitting). Yesterday was the first time I took a couple wins as monster and I have to say I felt totally awesome but also bad for winning? I don’t know what’s wrong with me, heh…but still had the shakes after those matches!

I sweat like a motherfucker when playing the monster. But whatever, I still do it.

Do you believe in magic, in a monster’s heart?
How the hunt can free it, whenever it starts
And it’s magic, if the hunt is tense
It makes you feel happy like nothing else makes sense
I’ll tell you about the magic and it’ll free your soul
But it’s like tryin’ to tell a stranger 'bout rock and throw

If you believe in magic, don’t bother to choose
If it’s flames, lightning or rocks on the loose
Just go and pounce, it’ll start with a smile
It won’t wipe off your face, no matter how hard you try
Your nose start sniffin’ and you won’t be a find
How you got there, it’s gonna blow their mind

If you believe in magic, come along with me
We’ll dance until mornin’ 'til there’s just you and me
And maybe, if the music is right
I’ll eat you tomorrow, sort of late at night
And we’ll go dancing, baby, then you’ll see
How the magic’s in the hunt and the hunters in me

Why can’t I infiinfinitely like this.

Lol i have the same thing. Im a smoker and cant roll up my sigarette after a game.

iam only playing for those moments

i normaly dont play monster but i ahd to yesterday and it was such a tense match from minute 1 till the end… i was on 1 healthbar the whole match but could get some strikes cuz they never would stop chasing and i won with like 1 health left

i was so happy

That adrenaline rush at the end of a close match is one of the reasons I got this game. Sure I’ll need a break after, but I won’t quit during a match.

Don’t lie… we all know you’re good lol.

I’ve never quit during a match because I think it’s cheesy, but my night of Evolve usually ends when I get assigned monster. I do get tense/anxious when playing the monster. I think it’s because I don’t like the feeling of being hunted. On the flipside, I love the hunt (unless it’s Wraith). I have become a little more open to playing monster recently, but yeah, still can’t do it at the end of the night.

This is me too man. I’m cold as ice playing the medic generally (some tense moments as Laz lol) but man… the monster gets me stoked. Something about the 4v1 I think just gets you in the zone. A game where the hunters are on me constantly is just too good… honestly just too good.

This is me all over, I don’t mind a couple of games but then it’s back to hunters for a relief of the stress I’ve just put myself through, but to answer the main question no I have never quit cause of the tension, that’s just what you expect when playing as the monster :wink:

Don’t be afraid of losing, and you’ll start playing better.