Alpha to Release: Did the Preload really work?

As others Alpha players, this morning I found a preloaded Evolve game in my Steam library. As we know this was only the Alpha. So I deleted the local content and then the release Preload started. So far, so good.

However, after the preload is now done, when I right-click on the Evolve entry there is no “Properties” tab as in all other installed or uninstalled games. So did the preload really work?

Perhaps I made a mistake: Because I did not want to waste the disk space of the Alpha, after it was over I deleted the folder manually, because at this time the Alpha entry just dissapeared from my Steam library. Perhaps I deleted some important info this way, so now the “Properties” tab is missing?

Sorry for this possibly stupid question
Better a stupid question now than problems on release day.

I also don’t have right click properties.I guess you can’t do anything in the properties if you don’t have the files.Because we don’t exactly have the files we only got the compressed ones that can’t be used for pretty much anything.

Also why did you delete the files?It didn’t download you the Alpha.Or you had the files since then?

After the Alpha was over and the Evolve entry just disapeared, I found that the game directory was still on the disk, consuming many GBs. With not so much disk space left, I did not want to waste this space.

However, thanks for confirming that a missing “Properties” tab is ok!

Yeah if the games says Pre-load complete-Unreleased you are good to go

[quote=“WiBaKi, post:4, topic:31556”]
you are good to go[/quote]
You bet! I really wish this was the release weekend. The wait is killing me.

Yeah don’t even ask why is this happening.
Game releases midnight and on mid-week.Midnight for them very early morning for us Europeans.The whole time-schedule is pretty bad.Dunno why

I’ve gotten the impression that the launch should be midnight in each territory. In Europe, it will probably go live at midnight GMT. … I think.

[quote=“WiBaKi, post:6, topic:31556”]
Game releases midnight and on mid-week.Midnight for them very early morning for us Europeans.The whole time-schedule is pretty bad.Dunno why[/quote]
This has historical reasons. In former times, 2K released all games in Europe at the same time as the US retail market: on Friday after the US release on Tuesday. This way we Europeans always had to wait several days from Tuesday to Friday. Since 2014 we now get games at the same weekday as the US guys. Thank 2K for this!

[quote=“OjinM, post:7, topic:31556”]
I’ve gotten the impression that the launch should be midnight in each territory. In Europe, it will probably go live at midnight GMT.[/quote]
You are correct. This is the way 2K handled other releases as well. Not much sleep on a release day… :wink:

So wait.I will have to wait 24 hours before playing even tho the game is released?It doesn’t make sense

Nono. The game will go live at 12:01, 10/02, in each territory. (or at least, in one timezone in each broadly defined territory, and I’m assuming that Europe will be tied to GMT)

So Europe would get it a few hours ahead of the US, since it is the 10th there before it is in the US.

How late will the servers be on? in GMT?

So i will play it 8-10 hours earlier than Americans?That also doesn’t make sense :smile:

That absolutely makes sense. :slight_smile:

It’s not every time that I agree with 2K’s policies, but I have to give them credit for making sure that ‘launches at 12:01 on the 10th’ means that for everyone, not just the people living in the last timezones on the planet.

(No bitterness there. No. None at all.)

The time difference should only be 6 hours, as with the last 2K release I enyojed with Civilization:Beyond Earth in October. Evolve should be released in the US when it is midnight on the US East Coast. At this time it will be 6:00 GMT in Europe.

Well i guess thats good for me.Altho i won’t play for long at release because after midnight people want to sleep here at home and i’m being noisy when playing :slight_smile: