Allowing pre made groups be the monster

I get that if people are entering a game together its usually better for them to be the hunters cause teamwork etc
but if we all want to remain together as hunters we can (and usually do) put monster lower down on preferences

its just nice to be able to play with friends and once in a while play as the monster to show our mates how its done

The only reason you can’t is so that you don’t cheese or pad stats. I’m sure you can in custom matches.

Yep, it’s more or less an anti-abuse thing, but you could make groups of 5 so you could play against your friends.

aye that does seem like the main thing reason not to allow it the potential for abuse just seems too costly especially when you make a friend through matchmaking but next time you play together neither of you can be the monster the odd time

plus would padding stats out really be such an issue?
I get the potential ill gotten achievements but everything else levels up as you use it so if some things not getting levelled up its clearly because you dont find it useful enough to use
evolve just doesn’t seem like it could be a grindfest as the 2nd stage characters are pretty easy to unlock

You can back out and go to custom matches though. Then when you want to play random Monsters you can just switch back to Skirmish/Evac.

It would be too easy to abuse character mastery.

The friend playing Monster could get armor, then team of friends playing Hunter could do whatever damage they needed, and when armor was gone it could just be refilled. Rinse and repeat for every friend on the team.

Same goes for monster damage. Just use whatever move you need and then give friendly Val a chance to heal.

Not to mention getting yourself on the leaderboards unfairly.

If you have a premade group of 5 you can be the monster

reckon im gonna try to get afew more xbox users with mics from the forums before launch but atm when i party up its more like a group of 2-3

If I recall correctly, custom matches will be able to unlock new characters. Sadly people will abuse the progression system.

But it will NOT count towards leaderboards and such.

I put monster at the bottom on my list and I got it almost every game I didn’t play with friends, so I have to disagree

People would abuse the crap out of this if it was in the ranked play list. The solution would be to add an unranked/private play list where you could do this and it wouldn’t hurt the leaderboards.

[quote=“Vexille, post:10, topic:29116, full:true”]
If I recall correctly, custom matches will be able to unlock new characters. Sadly people will abuse the progression system.

But it will NOT count towards leaderboards and such.
[/quote]the progression system seems pretty quick anyway to unlock characters anyway so unless people are desperate for character skins n emblems i dont see people abusing
plus if people really wanna abuse it apparently you can be the monster with a group of 5

[quote=“Huntzu, post:11, topic:29116”]
put monster at the bottom on my list and I got it almost every game I didn’t play with friends, so I have to disagree
[/quote]ok thats weird since when I put support and assault as my last preference i never got it unless i was jumping into a match midway
I hope it was just a beta bug you experienced

[quote=“WarViper, post:12, topic:29116, full:true”]
People would abuse the crap out of this if it was in the ranked play list. The solution would be to add an unranked/private play list where you could do this and it wouldn’t hurt the leaderboards
[/quote] they have the private playlist with bots to take over spare spaces but i just dont get why cheat your way up on the leaderboards?
surely it would just mean next time you play normally because you tricked the system into think your better than you are you will be put against a team or a monster out of your league?

I am mad. I stopped playing this game 2 days after launch for this reason

1. I don’t have enough friends to play full party games
  2. I want to play monster with them
  3. I don’t want to play alone
  4. I can’t recommend this game to my other friends because I stopped playing it because it can’t ever play monster
  5. I don’t care about you reason about “possible exploits” if you let me try to pwn my only other friend as a monster. I want to play monster with my friend.
  6. I hate you.