AI Griffin

What is wrong with him? He’s worse than ANY player, even newbies.
I’m specifically talking about his obsessive Sound Spike tendencies.

Like seriously, it is so infuriating playing with an AI Griffin. I played one game with bots to try to get literally 1 more Lazarus revive for his second mastery, and it took me WAY too long for one of my allies to kill themselves because Griffin refused to catch the AI Kraken at all.

He places sound spikes way too frequently. He’ll place one down every 10 seconds or so, and will stand completely still whilst doing it, so he’s often trailing the rest of the group who are following me (…the lazarus medic. I won’t go into the other weird AI habits here though). He’ll also place them WAAAAY too close together. ‘Oh, I’m 30 meters from a sound spike? better place another’. This basically means that at best he only covers about 1 quarter of the map, and that quarter is constantly moving because he’s constantly placing them, removing old ones. He’ll place them with no care about where they are in regards to eachother or in regards to just general wildlife. ‘Yeah, I’ll throw it down next to these reavers that’ll destroy it in 3 seconds’.

He prioritses placing Sound Spikes over literally everything else. When the Kraken is MIRACULOUSLY found from one of his sound spikes, he’ll place another one, killing the sensor that had actually caught the Kraken in the first place. He will prioritise laying a Sound Spike when we are on the Kraken’s tail. He even prioritised placing a sound spike over catching the Kraken in the god damned arena. The Kraken flew right past us, almost over us, and I heard Griffin, who was standing directly next to me, saying ‘Sensor placed!’, as the Kraken flew out of arena range.

Turtlerock pls. The AI is overall pretty good despite some odd habits, especially for new players, but Griffin is borderline useless. You’re basically playing without a Trapper.

AI blows. :stuck_out_tongue:
No other way around it other than that. I would rather have no player, than an AI sometimes. : /
They literally hop into Tyrant pits, and Megamouths… Even plants. -.-

Only good part about them is that they mostly stay with you.

All the AI trappers are bad. But I’d say Maggie is the worst. Throws out traps instead of domes, constantly lags behind to kill every wildlife. In solo, you have to catch up to the monster yourself and engage it before any of the trappers will dome, though. Which really teaches new players bad habits–in “real life” you should never shoot the monster before the trapper throws the dome!

Yup… But mostly every pug game likes to spray the monster every time he’s in sight. ^.^
Makes the monster happy with free traversals though.

Until you switch off Torvald to take over the crucial medic role and realize the AI Torvald is fuckin shit up for the the monster player… seriously… The damage this guy put out for an AI was insane lol.

Hmm, at least someone is good at AI then.

When I was playing solo to level up, I always putted him since he is so horrible.

Yeah, if you have to have an AI, choose Assault. They’re the best at doing their job. That is, until they don’t…

Markov is the worst AI assault because he needs good mine placement. Torvald and Parnell are pretty good AI’s because they just have to shoot lol. Hyde is meh. Awful on the chase not so bad in a fight. Always has poor stink bomb placement though.

Haha, I just remembered a time when I was trying to get a mastery as a medic. Of course the AI monster attacked the crap out of me first. Finally, as I was laying on the ground, I was transported to watching Griffin. He was placing sound spike after sound spike, haha.

I was thinking, y’know, ANYTHING ELSE in your kit could have maybe helped me out here…

I always found that the AI medics were pretty on point with their healing.
Well, Val and Caira, mostly. Can’t say about Lazarus, though, and haven’t tried Slim yet, but they’re passable.

They don’t do much else, but they at least do their jobs.

All of the AI trappers can be pretty bad. If you’re playing solo, always take control of the trapper when chasing the monster and switch back to whatever class you wanted to use during the fight.