Addicted to game & experiencing the Teris Effect. Quite scary

I just had first hand experience on how real the ‘tetris effect/syndrome’ can be.

I’m going to call it the “EVOLVE effect”, because that’s all I’ve been thinking about lately.

Fornthe last two weeks, I have been playing a ton of Evolve Hunter’s Quest. Trying to level up my favorite hunters. Even getting a prepaid internet plan so I can play it whenever I get the chance.
These past few days have gotten so freaky for me.

• I started seeing hunter tokens every time I closed my eyes.
  • I could be urinating and I would see tokens.
  • I would walk down the strets and see tokens in the form of cars after me.
  • Hearing tokens matching and falling. This is triggered randomly.
  • I would randomly move/swap stuff around my dads place and at home unconsciously and would come to my senses confused as to what the hell I was doing.
  • I sleep everywhere around the house, and one time my sister told me she was startled to found me clapping and repeating lines from the app in my sleep. and something about the wraith stealing my mangos.

I have been playing video games in my sleep before but the tetris effect is on another level of surreal senses.

Moral of the story, mobile games are extremely addicting and can be very hazardous to your health as well as your wallet. Stay away if you can.

Luckily I haven’t been sleep-foruming. :laughing:

I forget the app had sounds. I muted them as soon as I booted it up for the first time.

Sounds similar to the experience I’m going through

https://talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/i-cant-enter-rem-sleep-because-of-evolve/

I think this is a good sign that you should take a break.

On a more serious note, this is far beyond anything that’s ever happened to me when I play a game a lot. The most I’ve ever experienced is crazy dreams about Halo, never hallucinations. I would strongly recommend at least a 1 week break from evolve in all forms.

or have you???

thats some deep stuff… I used to be sonewhat insomniac, being able to stay up and alert for days at a time and playing titanfall amd evolve was one of my favorite things to do while I was up.

I’m healthier now.

I think the magos came from watching Orphan Black other day.

I think my feed would know if I had.