I just had first hand experience on how real the ‘tetris effect/syndrome’ can be.
I’m going to call it the “EVOLVE effect”, because that’s all I’ve been thinking about lately.
Fornthe last two weeks, I have been playing a ton of Evolve Hunter’s Quest. Trying to level up my favorite hunters. Even getting a prepaid internet plan so I can play it whenever I get the chance.
These past few days have gotten so freaky for me.
- I started seeing hunter tokens every time I closed my eyes.
- I could be urinating and I would see tokens.
- I would walk down the strets and see tokens in the form of cars after me.
- Hearing tokens matching and falling. This is triggered randomly.
- I would randomly move/swap stuff around my dads place and at home unconsciously and would come to my senses confused as to what the hell I was doing.
- I sleep everywhere around the house, and one time my sister told me she was startled to found me clapping and repeating lines from the app in my sleep. and something about the wraith stealing my mangos.
I have been playing video games in my sleep before but the tetris effect is on another level of surreal senses.
Moral of the story, mobile games are extremely addicting and can be very hazardous to your health as well as your wallet. Stay away if you can.
Luckily I haven’t been sleep-foruming.