About the Monster

I have a love/hate relationship playing Monster. I love it, prefer it to playing Hunter in a way 'cuz pfft, teamwork, but I hate how bad I am at it. :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

• I am
  • Just
  • Trying
  • This

0 voters

0 Likes

Yay it works!

• OMG
  • COMMUNITY
  • IS
  • SO
  • FUCKED
  • NOW

0 voters

Edit : ok maybe not , cause I suck and it doesent work again T_T

3 Likes

I exclusively play hunter, I don’t know why I just don’t find it fun to play monster. My favourite part of this game is the insane amount of teamwork and coordination you need as hunters, and monsters just don’t have that.

0 Likes

I play Hunter exclusively.

You see, about once or twice a month I decide to give Monster a go because I’m slowly getting bored by the repetitiveness of Skirmish as Hunters, but then I immediately get frustrated to death in 1 match and give up on Monster for a long while.

Here’s my average round of playing Monster in Hunt: (note that I do not consider myself a bad Monster player)

1. Pick Goliath.
  2. Make false track at the start for 5 seconds.
  3. Sneak towards other direction.
  4. Put a wall behind me to hide footprints and start leaping away.
  5. Leap gets stuck on a random cobble, have to waste 2 leaps for just crossing a small canyon.
  6. Another leap gets stuck / doesn’t activate on time, causing me to fall down below right into Birds.
  7. So Hunters now know where I went, have to quickly get some food and sneak off.
  8. No time to be picky, just eat anything anywhere. Needless to say I get Carrion Brids on my 3rd kill.
  9. Hunters are dangerously close, sneaking too risky. Time to GTFO.
  10. Leap away. Leap away. Leap aw—nope, gets stuck again.
  11. Have no traversals left, can easily smell that Trapper is cutting me off.
  12. Sneak or no sneak, I turn around and backtrack to fool them.
  13. Covered some distance, let’s GTFO again and boom — leaped right into Birds again.
  14. Fuck tactics then, just rush towards more food.
  15. Finally found a good spot for eating, killed some Striders.
  16. Non-elite Armadon rushes me before I can eat them. I kill him too out of anger and frustration instead of moving on.
  17. I try to eat my huge prepared meal but then a Trapjaw pack spawns denying me all food. I got punished for trying to get armor “too quick” despite having no choice since the Hunters are on my ass.
  18. Leap away, I’ll try to loop around. Landing after my first leap, immediately get zapped by 3 Mammoth Birds. I kill them. The triple Mammoth Bird damage combined with the Armadon and Trapjaws have already cost me half a health bar before I even engaged the Hunters.
  19. Eating them. Carrion Birds.
  20. Try to leap away. Second leap gets stuck on terrain again.

If this is the “Monster Experience” then I want no part of it. Playing Monster is the most frustrating aspect of this game for me and here’s why:

This game doesn’t need RNG Carrion Birds, Trapjaws punishing you for good Monster play and bugged traversals for Goliath and Behemoth. They don’t add any necessary balance to the game.

0 Likes

Getting back into monster after not playing for a while can be rough. I normally play some solo against bots to remember how to hit with abilities and stuff again xD
Then change to hunters having advantage, to prepare you better for online play.

Otherwise, it can get really frustrating. Although I still get really frustrated at some of the Hunter combos, like Lennox, Hank, Caira and trapper. Really brutal combo, as it takes forever for someone to go down,but you still takes crap ton of damage because of Lennox

1 Like

Plus Lennox screws over your ability to focus because you need to reset the multiplier very often and keep distance while trying to crack the Caira + Hank + CC + Kiting combo. It’s painful. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

how can you play monster exclusive?

0 Likes

By never playing hunter maybe?

4 Likes

and how exactly does that work?

1 Like

I uh… I’m a Hunter exclusive player.
I don’t even have Kraken.

1 Like

Allot of those can be explained, also you are all a big bunch of babies, am I The Only One who doesn’t really mind what I get as long as I don’t get monster back to back when I don’t want it, also when I join mid match as monster I win most of the time, even if I have lower health than I’d like, rise to the challenge, eye of the tiger, all that stuff, also u like joining mid match as hunters, gives me the opportunity to get some progress in roles I don’t play that often, reminds me of how fun they can be, I generally play as medic, have almost two stars in all of the medics abilities, all four, not wanting to be douchy, just proud of my accomplishments. If I get a biography written about me I’d like that to be in it, though hopefully it’ll be all three stars by the time I die

0 Likes

Fixed that for ya :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Play monster if alone but normally try to organise a team

0 Likes

That’s a lie :c

0 Likes

I know, I know I’m only kidding! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

MONSTERRRRRR !!!1 \m/

0 Likes

I have elited all hunters and monsters (before the achievement nerfs) haha I just want to be included in your book

0 Likes

I’ll make sure to include you, it’ll say right in the beginning inspired by LostLibra

0 Likes

closed #32

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes