About one of the graffitti and its meaning

I just wonder why there are so many religious notes in the game…

For example the graffitti for the safe room seem to have an inverted cross in them… @SlabOMeat Is the symbol really an inverted cross or am I seeing things?

l4d_03

I’ll leave you guys alone if you clear this one for me!

The same symbol can be found on the medkits?!? o.O

Yeah as @MaddCow says, that’s just a “Health this way” graffiti.

I think you’re looking a little to deep buddy.

What they said. Left4Dead isn’t a game like Doki Doki, you don’t have to search that deep :smile:

To be honest guys I saw a fan art of that graffitti which had an inverted cross and since I couldn’t ask the author why he chose that I thought that I might be missing something here :thinking:

But I would really love to read @SlabOMeat 's opinion on the matter!

Again, you’re reading into it. It’s just telling you there are medkits in that direction. But it was made with spray paint so it’s not 100% perfect.

Fan art is not canon

This is a golden thread. This thread is going in the damn hall of fame, right between Sexy Wraith and that thread that one guy made where he talked shit about Meteor Goliath and insulted the game’s lead writer. I love this thread.

No, its just a sloppy painted version of the health cross.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply @SlabOMeat ! Did you make it or was it Valve?

Is it in Left 4 Dead 1 or 2?

I did not personally make it. I can’t remember who authored it.

Y’know I just want to say how much I appreciate your patience with this dude. Even when we’re all starting to clearly poke fun at the guy, you’re still giving him answers as seriously as possible. Thanks for being awesome man, it always feels like a good moment, like a minor reward for having faith in you guys as my favorite dev team.

(and I know, you’re just looking at it like “well what if it were me asking the question, I’d want a serious answer no matter what”. You’re not thinking like “I’ve gotta do this cuz they expect me to” and that’s why I wanted to say thanks)

It’s super nice :grin: Thank you.

Thank you!

It always feels really good to know that there are people out there that appreciate what we have created at TRS. Keep being awesome guys!

Fixed it for ya :wink:

Hey I’m here you know :laughing:

I’m just curious as to why there are so many religious themes in the game… One of my friends said that the game is satanic and I needed to dig into it to prove him wrong, that’s why I asked @SlabOMeat since he worked on the game and would know if this is true or not… I doubt Valve are satanic or anything like that, right? I mean if someone is to know that would certainly be @SlabOMeat :grinning:

Did you ask your friend for the same proof of satanic themes?

“God is dead” graffitti as well as many other religious ones, he considers Valve to be pro-satanic due to their games’ themes.

I think your friend is reading into things that are not there or using confirmation bias to try to prove his theory.

“God is dead” isn’t a Satanic belief or touchstone, it stems from Nietzsche the philosopher:

“God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?”