(AA)Kraken & Bob getting new hitbox (5th monster is in testing phase, probably)

So we’ve been told that Kraken is receiving some reworking to it’s hitbox to make more characters viable. it’ll mean Lana(that’s Cray-ken,) will receive damage at a more consistent rate against some assault and players who have trouble aiming.

This will be an interesting change, I don’t think there have been any hitbox (nerfs or buffs) changes done on the monsters other than the rework done on Bob when he made his disgraceful debut. Things are finally looking up for Bob lately though… and he has made great progress so far.

I believe no matter how little the change to the hitbox Kraken will receive from the changes or how big, big as in her head instead of being the size of Texas it’ll be the size of Canada. We will see a nice meta change.

Hopefully seeing hunters like Parnell matter more because he is such a hit and miss kind of character depends too much on monsters making mistakes and keeping in range, this along with a few for changes added to Parnell(Spread or ROF maybe) or other characters like Cabot(lower FR more damage yezz) and Crow(I still can’t aim stasis) make them really good across the board.

Questions from me:

1. Any devs who know about the changes, is the change still in the rigging phase or has it been pushed into testing phase?

2. How different can we expect the change feel for assaults like Parnell and Lennox or Cabot who are really struggling against Kraken right now?

3. Will this mean Kraken have a wider melee swing when grounded?

• Just seems logical to give her a little something for what could be a very game changing rework, I mean look at those tentacles. They’re like twice the length of most monster arms/scythe, she can really get a wider melee range if she wanted.
  1. Can expect this to go live in October?

Update 1

Nick Elay on the QA Testing shed some light on what is confirmed and what kind of big changes we can expect to see in the future.

I can’t comment on dates, but the hitbox change should go in for the next title update. Without going into too much detail we are changing areas on Kraken to go from limb damage (50%) to body damage (100%) and a spot that will go from head shot damage (200%) to body damage.

With the way Kraken flies at a distance and the posture he has while doing it, the majority of the damage he receives is limb damage so we are changing that. The change is big enough to the point almost every player will notice Kraken taking more damage instantly and a lot more hunters can be picked into him.

Additionally, Behemoth will be getting changes to the hitbox. He was taking too much body damage so we made the armor plates all around his body become limb damage instead of body damage. Positioning against Behemoth will be much more important now if you are looking to deal damage since you will need to shoot in areas the armor isn’t covering.

This changes are probably corresponding with the fifth monster heavily speculated to be released in October. Which is most made out of mostly limbs with a very small body frame, it is likely they are testing this to understand better on what kind of changes they could be making to the fifth mosnter as well as the Wraith in future updates.

UPDATE #2

I just learned that only projectile(think bullets ) will get affected as it only changes how much damage is receive. Weapons like LG, Frame thrower, mininuke etc will not become OP, because they already do what TRS would call consistent damage .

Also since the ESL majors semi finals as well as grand finals is in two weeks in Poland, so likely the update won’t come out before that. Who knows maybe they’re waiting to release the update with the new monster or the hunter adaptations when they’re done with them.

Smoke data revealed T5 monster is in testing and [PROBABLY]coming soon

It means they’re changing the value of limb damage on Kraken. While it won’t be a straight 1x normal damage we’ll likely see something around .7-.8

When is the next title update??

I honestly don’t know, that’s why I asked in the OP.

6 Likes

I will never trust auto correction ever again,.

3 Likes

I can’t comment on dates, but the hitbox change should go in for the next title update. Without going into too much detail we are changing areas on Kraken to go from limb damage (50%) to body damage (100%) and a spot that will go from head shot damage (200%) to body damage.

With the way Kraken flies at a distance and the posture he has while doing it, the majority of the damage he receives is limb damage so we are changing that. The change is big enough to the point almost every player will notice Kraken taking more damage instantly and a lot more hunters can be picked into him.

Additionally, Behemoth will be getting changes to the hitbox. He was taking too much body damage so we made the armor plates all around his body become limb damage instead of body damage. Positioning against Behemoth will be much more important now if you are looking to deal damage since you will need to shoot in areas the armor isn’t covering.

16 Likes
Behemoth New Hitboxes

Sweat lord baby Jesus that Behemoth change to TECHNICALLY a passive DR

That is HUUUUGE. Glad to see him getting some love in terms of how much damage he takes.

7 Likes

This changes are looking really intimidating, will love to see how this’ll effect gameplay.

1 Like

@flippy103 @demonhunter1245 this might interest you guys in case you didn’t know

So this applies all around his back I am guessing?

The body damage would be applied to things like his head and around the stomach area leading to his weak spot or am I missing some areas?

Holy balls welp, revert that back to OP on the consoles…

1 Like

It has only gone as far as being said…

How can you jump to such a big conclusion?

Because people on console suck at aiming what makes you think we can hit the small boxes that count as body damage ahahahahah

I thought after 5.1 hotpatch they were heading down the right lane!

1 Like

I feel he’s pretty balanced at his current spot I might even say that this will put him in the spots where he needs to be to win on every platform

1 Like

That’s what I’ve been asking for! Now we needs the 5th monster to take a lot of limb damage and less body damage.

This would effect all platforms equally in theory. We don’t know where body damage will exactly be applied nor if that area will be particularly hard to hit.

Besides depending on the latter then this will indeed effect all platforms equally as both side have players who are not particularly the best shot while having others who are. He is a big target who takes a lot more average damage than others so changing the largest parts of him to lower damage multipliers will indeed effect platforms equally.

daymn bob is gonna be a BEAST once that change comes out :smiley:

U mean his head

Ok, let me rephrase that, im going to be OP. :smiley: