A kind message for Turtle Rock Studios

stage2

Evening there TRS,

A message here from down under! I think it would be great to begin with providing background on where I come from and who I represent!

I am from an Australia/New Zealand/Oceanic Evolve group I created for the smaller oceanic community to find games during the tough times evolve faced during its teenage game years so to speak!

We have followed every article, all media and works regarding evolve and what took place during its development, I was always deeply passionate about the game and attempted to retain my regions community as many who did not fall prey to some of the misinformation, or those frustrated with the lack of balancing/update frequency were still able to enjoy the game when they could play with a full group!

My own competitive background and early start playing evolve at PAX Australia prior to the beta had lead me well regarding small evolve competition within the oceanic region, This sadly was a double edged sword as many frustrations were born due to the infrequent patching and so on your team were forced to engage in.

Evolve stage two had some great additions but overall felt like another step in the wrong direction further simplifying the gameplay and having the game almost play itself for you, such as the instant dome and shared dome, free map scans etc.

We here all stuck to evolve legacy despite unfortunately being a point where a few bugs were present reducing some characters one being my favourite to being unviable. We still love the experience, Watching the group theory craft and even partaking is an awesome thing especially for a game discontinued.

I suppose now is a great time to get closer to the point, I would like to ask if it would be possible to discuss the game as a whole with someone from the team at TRS as well as a question/request regarding the existing players ability to experience all the game has to offer!

Id like to close with a thank you, I and those around me only know what was published regarding the development process of evolve. Your team did an incredible job at creating something New, Fresh and immersive. There was a lot of love poured into the characters and community, Something a little too few and far between in current times. Thank you for all the hard work, risks you had taken and most of all… thank you for making us fans feel heard and appreciated over the years,

If you find the time to reply, I assure you it is being awaited eagerly.
Much appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

David

Hi @mrlee, welcome to the forums!

I think all the information TRS can share at the moment is mentioned in their FAQ (which can be found here: Back 4 Blood Announce FAQ)

In there is also mentioned that anything related to Evolve and/or its development needs to be directed to 2K Games as the contract between 2K and TRS ended in 2016.