Monster Polls
Trapper Polls

Thanks,

Index Team :sunny:

[8.1] Medic Balance(polls)
[8.1] Trapper Balance(polls)
[8.1] Monster Balance(polls)

Doom trooper. Slow clap

I kind of wonder who said Torvald was UP.

Cough Torvald, above you. Cough.

You are ridiculous. lol. I said he was balanced.

Whaaaat? I meant…uhh the Torvald in the poll voted himself UP. Yeah…

I was saying yesterday, now that they nerfed him I hope people keep calling him OP, get nerfed to the ground. Then I really will be the only one destroying with him lol

Keep these up. I am eagerly awaiting Monster and Trapper (mainly Monster!).

Imo hydes stink bombs need somethin’, you throw the bomb, an if the monster is in a favorable position he will sit there and jus eat that (small) amount of damage.
The purpose of them is a flat out area denial tool, but they pose litle threat to the monster.
Hiding in a cave? Stink bomb. Monster either backs up a tiny bit if he doesnt want to hold that ground( but if he needs to hold his ground no big whoop dawg) or eats it up, " mmmm thanky good sir i needed a breath of green air"
Teammates gets downed? Stink bomb, monster "pssshhhhh bitch you think that tiny bit o’ damage will stop me from body campin ur homies? Nahhh it tickles."
I miss when the nade did almost too much damage but it slowed your team, lose sum to gain sum. Yes it was annoying, but alteast when that nade went off the monsters were all “OH FUCK I GOTTA GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!!”…
…sigh…nvrmnd rant over. I voted balanced but i jus wish the nade wasnt so…easily overlooked.

The toxic 'nades aren’t supposed to be a heavy-hitter, they’re just supposed to help Hyde stack up a bit of damage other than his flamethrower. It was also recently nerfed because it was doing too much damage.

When many people clearly used to consider Torvald balanced, I can understand if some of these people would consider him UP after he was nerfed multiple times.

PS: I’m not necessarily saying I believe Torvald is UP.

I dunno. Torvald’s always been on the upper side of balance for me, only just this side of the line. Not quite OP, but really strong. I feel like people are just used to him being so powerful that working for a win feels like too much.

That said, his last couple nerfs really weren’t bad at all. The last one, the damage nerf, is hardly noticeable for most people.

I would argue, they are noticeable, but he still does better damage than Markov and most assualts if played correctly. I also don’t think it was nessicary but at this point of the game I’m only in for the ride so I give up trying to voice my opinion.

You fought a noble fight trying to stop Torvald nerfs :bucket_salute:

Of course players who main, or even frequent his use, are going to be able to feel the difference. For most, however, that’s not the case. He’s still one of the most damaging Assaults now, and I believe Parnell is the only one who beats him in telemetry. If even after more than one nerf Torvald’s still at the front of the pack, then he’s obviously very strong, and was even stronger before. Hence the nerfs. Same with Parnell.

I know you understand that he’s incredibly powerful. You say so yourself. And since he’s so powerful, he needs to be brought in line with the other assaults, and Parnell needs to be knocked down a bit, as well.

You should still voice your opinion, but all you do is try to deny nerfs to a character that is shown to need it in every occasion, and after every one, he shows that he’s still incredibly powerful.

@TrickshotMcgee

It’s been made abundently clear what I say doesn’t make a difference.

@Torvald_Stavig Let’s go cry in a corner and think about the days when Emet and Torvald had high AF damage.

Lol generally these threads go to the most strongest is also voted as most balance, it just shows how dumb and bias the community really is. It just rages me sometimes to see such a manner of voting.
Even TRS probably knows this, I’m glad they don’t fully 100% listen to the people’s opinion when it comes to balance them and instead use data. :expressionless:
I don’t even know why I keep participating in this heap of circlejerks. Oh that’s right I don’t have anything better to do with my life. :laughing:

Perhaps they vote that way because his balance is what makes him strong. It was the same for Hank in the old Support polls. For both of them, their kits are pretty well-rounded and not overly amazing but not super weak in regular hands, yet both kits in skilled hands can be taken to extreme levels. Both of their kits are entirely controlled by the user handling them, and don’t rely on input from teammates (Cabot, Kala, Sunny) or for the monster to allow for the damage to hit (Lennox, Hyde, Torvald, Markov). Parnell doesn’t have to rely on the monster standing still to take damage from Toxic Grenades, Mortars, Arc Gun, or Plasma Lance, nor walking in to mines. He just has two point-and-shoot weapons and an enhancer.

Basically, I think he has really high potential due to how his kit works compared to the others assaults. That makes him strong. We’ve seen/heard how cruel a strong Parnell player can be to the monster, but in pubs he’s just a balanced, A-OK assault.

Or maybe it is just a bias. Who knows. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: This is just my view on it.